(FAQ) Where can I download VEGAS Pro and other VEGAS software?

Nick Hope wrote on 11/26/2016, 8:58 AM

There are a number of places where VEGAS Pro and other VEGAS software can be downloaded.

1. TRIAL VERSION

You can download a 30-day free trial of the current versions of VEGAS Pro from http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/product-comparison/

2. VEGAS DOWNLOADS PAGE (VEGAS Pro 13.0 build 545 and later)

The latest updates of the retail versions of MAGIX versions of VEGAS Pro (13.0 and later) can be downloaded from http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/downloads/.

The "download managers" are small (typically approx. 4MB). When run, they will fetch a much larger (e.g. 400-450MB), main installer for the current release, along with other bundled plugins and apps that are listed in section 5 below.

3. MAGIX SERVICE CENTER (and manual registration)

Your software can also be downloaded from the MAGIX Service Center as follows:

• Visit your MAGIX Account
  • Login if necessary
  • Click "My products" (If you don't see it, see next bullet point)
  • Missing products can be added by returning to the previous page and clicking "Product registration". When registering, you can enter "Sony Creative Software" as the place of purchase unless bought from a 3rd-party retailer.

4. MAGIX DOWNLOAD CENTER

Your software can also be downloaded by entering your serial number(s) at the MAGIX Download Center.

5. DIRECT LINKS (including earlier patch releases)

You can install any release directly from the "larger" (~400MB+) direct installer if you have it, and links to those are sometimes included in the new update posts in the NEWS forum. Individual patch releases are not currently listed on vegascreativesoftware.com. Here are some direct links from MAGIX or their partners' servers:

After installing via a download manager, the larger installers may also be left behind after installation on your system in a folder such as Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager (I found some of the URLs they came from by using URL Snooper (a packet sniffing tool) while the VEGAS download manager was working).

To roll back to a previous update you would usually have to uninstall VEGAS Pro first.

6. LEGACY SONY CREATIVE SOFTWARE VERSIONS (up to VP13 build 453)

The installers for the old Sony Creative Software versions of Vegas software have now been removed from Sony's servers, however many of them are still accessible via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine or other 3rd party sites:

A list of your orders from Sony Creative Software is still available at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/myaccount/myorders and your serial numbers at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/myaccount/mysoftware. It is recommended that you take a copy of your serial numbers in case they are removed from that page. You can also search your emails for order confirmations from confirm@sonycreativesoftware.com which included serial numbers.

7. GETTING ASSISTANCE

You can get assistance with missing products and downloads at the MAGIX Support site. Technical support for using the software is via the VEGAS Service Center. For installation issues see this post.

8. RELATED POSTS

Comments

Nick Hope wrote on 12/5/2016, 10:05 AM

Suggestions for corrections and additions via comments or personal messages are welcome but comments here may be deleted later as this is an "FAQ" post. Please start a new post or use an old thread to discuss subjects in depth or to raise individual cases.

8th Jan 2017 - Changed title to include "other VEGAS software".
26th April 2017 - Added direct links to Movie Studio and DVD Architect installers.
17th August 2017 - Links to SCS versions on Wayback Machine etc. added after installers were removed from SCS servers.

xthebadboy wrote on 4/24/2017, 9:56 AM

Mr. Nick i've bought the sony vegas pro 14 from amazon and i didn't find the place of serial number. Where can i find it?

john_dennis wrote on 4/24/2017, 10:59 AM

Whether you bought the box or the download version, the seller is responsible for providing the license key. I this case the seller is "Jay's Top Shelf Merchandise - Lightning Fast Shipping Every time! and Fulfilled by Amazon."  or 

"Sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC.

Note: You can access this item in Your Software Library."

Is this your link?                                                             

Nick Hope wrote on 8/17/2017, 3:58 AM

Since SCS removed all Vegas-related software from their servers, I updated section 4 with links to the same pages on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine etc.. Basically everything Vegas-related should still be available to download one way or another.

vkmast wrote on 8/17/2017, 4:43 AM

Great work as always, Nick. As SVMSP 11 build 322 is often asked here and the D/L option is missing from our Magix Account, I tested the following link with success https://web.archive.org/web/20160909193909/http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/current/moviestudiope11.0.322.exe

Nick Hope wrote on 8/17/2017, 10:23 AM

Nick, maybe I'm overlooking but did you already tried this one?

www.magix.com/download

Thanks. 9 times out of 10 that URL won't load for me today but I've added it as another option along with the URL it currently redirects to ( https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=22228&L=52&C=220 ). I also restructured the whole post.

wilvan wrote on 8/18/2017, 12:55 AM

Magix should have taken over all those and make available for download . We should not have to dig here and there and everywhere to try to find something . Some better ( and simple ) organisation of their websites would help too . ( maybe hire a web developer to do so ? )

I fully understand they do not support those older versions but they should at least make them still available for us to download . Gosh !

Nick Hope wrote on 8/18/2017, 2:35 AM

Magix should have taken over all those and make available for download..

Actually they do now appear to provide the last update of each version, including the old Sony ones, via the Magix Service Center or Magix Download Center if you have a serial number for it. That's pretty good. I would still like them to host installers for SCS utilites such as Media Manager and Preset Manager, and to publish an index of old updates of their own programs.

wilvan wrote on 8/18/2017, 7:44 AM

Almost , Nick , when I enter serials for , for example iZotope Mastering and Repair Suite , which came along with the purchase of soundforge 11 , or , again only another example , iZotope Nectar Elements , which came along with the purchase of vegas pro 13 , and others ( blastwavefx etc... ) , they all return with INVALID SERIAL NR. The entire archive of sony ( /archive ,/current , /dev , /manuals,...../whitepapers ) should still be accessible for those having serials of all those . Well....

vkmast wrote on 8/18/2017, 8:19 AM

Yes, 3rd party apps are inaccessible now. That's why peer support (like what this topic project actually is) is needed.

Nick Hope wrote on 8/28/2017, 5:43 AM

Updated OP with VEGAS Pro 15 direct links and added lots of other links and mirrors for VEGAS Pro 15 and VEGAS Movie Studio 14 bundled apps and plugins. Please let me know if something is not in the list that should be.

diverG wrote on 9/9/2017, 3:08 PM

Link to VP13 manual (pre Magix)?   My old links fail, nearest is Magix VP13.

Sys 1 Gig Z370-HD3, i7 8086K @ 5.0 Ghz 16gb ram, 250gb SSD, 2x2Tb hd,  GTX 1060 6Gb Vegas 14 & 16 plus Edius 8WG Win 10 (1809) BMIP4k video out. (PS 650W)

Sys 2 Gig Z170-HD3, i7 6700K @ 3.8Ghz 16gb ram, 250gb SSD, 2x2Tb, hdd GTX 750ti,  Vegas 14 & 16 plus Edius 8WG Win 10 (1809) BMIP4k video out. (PS 650W)

Sys 3 Laptop 'Clevo' i7 6700K @ 3.0ghz, 16gb ram, 250gb SSd + 2Tb hdd,   nvidia 940 M graphics. VP14 & 15 via humble bundle. Plus Edius 8WG

David-Douglas wrote on 12/4/2018, 9:06 PM

Problem Description Application Name: Movie Studio Platinum Application Version: Version 15.0 (Build 157) Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005) Fault Module: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_250db833a1cd577e\igdrclneo64.dll Fault Address: 0x00007FF9D3450819 Fault Offset: 0x0000000000030819 Fault Process Details Process Path: C:\Program Files\VEGAS\Movie Studio Platinum 15.0\MovieStudioPlatinum150.exe Process Version: Version 15.0 (Build 157) Process Description: Movie Studio Platinum

These are whats stopping my program from working. can anyone help?

set wrote on 12/5/2018, 2:23 AM

@David-Douglas, please post your question in new topic, in Vegas Movie Studio section - not here. thx.