Any Online Video Tutorials for Vegas 8?

Stoffer wrote on 11/18/2007, 4:26 AM
Hi everybody...

I have been searching high and low in order to find any Online Video Tutorials on Vegas 8 but without any succes.

I'm aware that VASST has DVD's on offer, but I would prefer online flash video since I live in Europe. Neither Lynda.com nor apex.vtc.com is giving Vegas any love these days. :-(

Any suggestions?

Best regards, Stoffer

Comments

JJKizak wrote on 11/18/2007, 6:38 AM
Even though the "drag help" in V8 is very good I have always requested an industrial type "block diagram" help method connected by arrows of every step required to perform a certain basic function. When you might use a particular function once per year the complexity is daunting. The block diagram method is fast, comfortable, easy, and rock solid and requires "zero" knowledge of video editing. Where I used to work we had 21 different industrial computers controlling heating, ventilation, humidity, acid injection, heat, boilers, chemical processes, levels, precision weights, scrubbers, vacuum systems, air compressors, and all sorts of monitoring systems and they were all different but they all used the block diagram method and it was a piece of cake to operate them. They made something complicated into something simple and error free. There were a few of the small computers that did not use this method and were a real nightmare to program.
JJK
Serena wrote on 11/19/2007, 1:57 AM
Flash video is fine but the DVDs are better. Don't understand the issue of being in Europe. I'm not aware of any online tutorials specific to Vegas Pro 8.
kentwolf wrote on 11/19/2007, 8:45 AM
>>...Online Video Tutorials on Vegas 8...

Doesn't Vegas Pro 8 ship with them?

I hadn't checked, but I thought that was one of the "What's New" features with Vegas Pro 8. Tutorial videos.

Is it not? (Not at home to check.)
Stoffer wrote on 11/19/2007, 12:48 PM
Hi all...

Thanks for your replies, I just thought that maybe some well-known videos tutorials had slipped under my radar, but alas no. Anyway, if somebody here is considering doing a few, please don't hold yourself back! ;-)

Best Regards, Stoffer

Paul C wrote on 11/19/2007, 3:26 PM
Hi Stoffer,

Try www.learningvegas.com. It's not free, it's run on a subscription. It's also not specific to version 8.

I got some good tips from it when I signed up for a three month subscription. Covers DVD Architect too.

Paul
Serena wrote on 11/19/2007, 5:39 PM
I don't know whether you're after "what is Vegas Pro offering over Vegas 7", or general Vegas instruction. If the latter http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/support/trainingvids.asp?prod=vegasFree training[/link] could be a useful start.
Stoffer wrote on 11/20/2007, 11:11 AM
Hi Paul,

www.learningvegas.com looks pretty good! Thanks a lot for your tip - that just might be want I was looking for! :-)

Best regards, Stoffer
UlfLaursen wrote on 11/20/2007, 8:54 PM
Hi Stoffer,

To learn basics in Vegas (not special for V8) Lynda.com actually have some leassons available.

/Ulf

Btw. where are you from in Europe - I'm from Denmark.
Stoffer wrote on 11/22/2007, 9:37 AM
"Btw. where are you from in Europe - I'm from Denmark."

Hi Ulf...

What a nice coincidence. I'm from Denmark too. :-)

I'm totally new to video and editing but just got my first son, so there is a lot to learn (and too little time) ;-)

Best regards, Nils Christoffersen
J_Mac wrote on 11/23/2007, 6:49 AM

Don't forget You Tube. John
UlfLaursen wrote on 11/23/2007, 8:28 PM
Nice, Nils - you are always welcome to mail we inf you want :-)

/Ulf