Are Camcorder Files recompressed

JUSTIN-JOHNS wrote on 6/21/2019, 4:41 AM

Hello,

When I import the 50P 1080 Sony AX53 files into sony vegas and edit them. I render them with the a custom template. I choose progressive scan 1920 by 1080 resolution. 50 Double Pal settings which I believe to be correct. When i render I notice it takes a while so I assume the files are being recompressed. I noticed when i use to render my HV30 720 files it was very fast and i noticed on the sony vegas screen it had the words no recompression required so i could record back to tape without any loss of quality. When i have rendered the Sony AX53 file I can copy it onto a memory card and it plays perfectly well in the television usb slot. I am having problems playing it back through a media player. The video has got terrible judder motion. I checked the output settings are on 1080P but its still no good. I also tried plugging the memory card it into my Oppo BDP93 bluray player USB slot and I am still not getting smooth motion playback. The reason i want it to play through a media player is so i can watch the files on my projector. If i play the footage directly from the camcorder to the projector they play perfectly fine. I then thought if i copied the edited file back to the camcorder I could get round the problem but when i tried to play back the file in the camcorder it failed to recognise it and would not play back. I would like to know why the edited file is different. Is there any way around this because I would like to play my edited files on my projector and if i could play them through the camcorder they would play back fine. Also I assume the edited files have to be recompressed. Is that correct. Thanks

Comments

j-v wrote on 6/21/2019, 5:53 AM

I would like to know why the edited file is different.

Because it is another codec used for output S-AVC to AVC

Is there any way around this because I would like to play my edited files on my projector and if i could play them through the camcorder they would play back fine.

That is not possible because your old files could smartrender but that is not possible with AVC mp4 files

Also I assume the edited files have to be recompressed. Is that correct.

Yess, and that 50p mp4 are not playable on all devices comes because only the newest TV's and mediaplayers has mostly that option. So try for the mediaplayers that refuse to play the rendered file well to use a 25p mp4 output with the right resample options choosen in Projectproperties or file properties switch.

met vriendelijke groet
Jan

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W10, i7 7900 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti.
Laptop  :Asus ROG GL753VD, W10 home, version 1903 build 18.362,295 CPU i7 7700HQ, 16 GB RAM, GeF. GTX 1050 (2 GB) + Int. HD Graphics 630(2GB).VP 15,16,17 and VMS PL 15,16 are installed
Both Nvidia GPU's have driver version 431.86 Studio Drivers
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

Dutch video tutorials for beginners

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEMCELL DONOR !!!

JUSTIN-JOHNS wrote on 6/21/2019, 8:57 AM

Hello Thanks so I need to find a newer media player. I dont think playing back at 25P is ideal as that will also cause motion problems. 24P looks great for films though. What make model do i need. I hope someone else will chime in.

j-v wrote on 6/21/2019, 9:34 AM

so I need to find a newer media player. What make model do i need. I hope someone else will chime in.

Depends on where you use that mediaplayer, for laptop and computer there are a lot of free videoplayers, but if it is on other hardware is for us very difficult to decide for you, but you can try this.

met vriendelijke groet
Jan

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W10, i7 7900 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti.
Laptop  :Asus ROG GL753VD, W10 home, version 1903 build 18.362,295 CPU i7 7700HQ, 16 GB RAM, GeF. GTX 1050 (2 GB) + Int. HD Graphics 630(2GB).VP 15,16,17 and VMS PL 15,16 are installed
Both Nvidia GPU's have driver version 431.86 Studio Drivers
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

Dutch video tutorials for beginners

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEMCELL DONOR !!!

Musicvid wrote on 6/21/2019, 11:25 AM

As mentioned, AVC will not smart render in Vegas.

Your AX53 files are transport streams, not for program delivery, so playing them is a total crapshoot. Please don't overthink "this player vs. that player, etc." It is what it is.

As far as encoding your files for top-notch playback, we can help you with that. Post your MediaInfo properties for your camera source, your intended uses for the rendered video, and we will suggest the most effective template(s).

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-to-post-mediainfo-and-vegas-pro-file-properties--104561/