Cookie cutter effects are altered when I copy and paste..

Tim-Boone wrote on 11/22/2021, 5:52 AM

I am using Movie Studio Platinum 17, using Windows 8.1. I haven't updated the program for months because I've been afraid of losing my project if I do so(which may be an unfounded concern).

I am copying and pasting from one project to another, but the problem is: I have meticulous cookie-cutter effects that become altered when I paste onto the new project. For example, in one shot, I'm using the cookie cutter 'rectangle' shape, which is normally a vertical rectangle, but in the copy-and-pasted version, the rectangle is now horizontal, and smaller, yet when I click on 'effects', the numbers say the size and position and everything is identical to the original, but it clearly is not the case.

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 11/22/2021, 6:05 AM

Are the project settings and media specifications exactly the same in the two projects?

I haven't updated the program for months because I've been afraid of losing my project if I do so

MSP17 is the last ever version of that program. If you are referring to Windows, the initial (free) update from W8.1 to W10 was in 2015.

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

Windows 10 Home

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

D drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

E & F drives: 2 x 2TB Barracuda HDDs 2.5"

EricLNZ wrote on 11/22/2021, 4:38 PM

@Tim-Boone VMS17 Plat requires Win 10. Whilst it will work with earlier Windows versions not everything will behave correctly which could be the cause of your problem.

But anyway have you tried a rest https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-reset-vegas-pro-to-default-settings--104646/

Applies to VMS as well as VP.