DVD Architect won't open in Windows 10

Gene-Carney wrote on 9/30/2019, 7:56 AM

I've been using 5.2 and Vegas 12 forever under Windows7 no problems. Now I upgrade to Windows 10 Home and Vegas 17 and DVD 6 and neither DVD5.2 or 6 will open. Just like the other 3 posts, but no one ever answers the posts with a working solution. I hate upgrades and am almost ready to pull my hair out.! Help please?

Comments

Dot wrote on 9/30/2019, 8:34 AM

How did you do the Windows 10 upgrade, was it a clean install? did you reinstall the Vegas software?

Gene-Carney wrote on 9/30/2019, 10:45 AM

Windows 10 was an online download that upgraded 7. I have reinstalled vegas and dvd, but again, dvd architect won't start. I guess I should have known better and just put 10 on another drive to boot from. The clean install is also a possibility if there is no other solution found. I do video editing and photo restoration. Five printers, scanner, Matrox video imputs, mixer, dvd duplicator, and so it is a pain to reinstall all that stuff. Again, I should have known better, thanks for responding.

Dot wrote on 9/30/2019, 12:01 PM

I did the update as well and all Vegas software, including DVDA 5.2 worked, so that may not be the issue. What happens when you try to start it, does it give any indication of activity?

Gene-Carney wrote on 9/30/2019, 1:21 PM

The spinning icon goes for about 2 seconds, then nothing. I get the feeling it is running in the background. If I try to uninstall, it won't let me until I close the program. Of course I can't close it unless I force a restart.