Feedback Appreciated on Re-Master of Composition/Soundtrack

Soniclight-2.0 wrote on 5/10/2022, 10:44 AM

Project edited in Vegas Pro 19.

I've been working on this music composition for some time - remastering it on Cubase Pro 11 from the only remaining single .wav render from when I created 17 years ago.  I lost the Cubase master project with all the original separate instrument tracks.

I played, re-recorded and/or added instrument tracks such as keys, bass, drums and background fx.  So it's been a bit tricky to do for these have to be subtle enough to not overwhelm the original single file render track.

While this is a YT video, there only a still placeholder image of the Ukranian flag because I am not satisfied or finished with the accompanying video concept.

I have no illusions that this isn't a top notch mix. I don't like the use of compression especially for this kind of imperfect source material for it's too easy to deaden the higher and mid range, but I did have to do some EQ cut of the highs for they easily get shrill.

If you have any simple suggestions on how to improve it – and/or what does work in it – this would be most welcome. 

The music is slow-burn in that it starts out pretty quiet but builds over time to a crescendo.  The genre could be loosely described as earlier Vangelis-ish film soundtrack with a small touch of Pink Floyd style “background story” fx, so a slow groove form of original progressive "concept" rock.

Last but not least:

I've uploaded it at YT for that's probably how the final will be published (since it's still a draft, it's unlisted). I don't have the means or ways to test how this sounds on various devices.

But since most people listen to music on smartphones and the like with earbuds or headphones, that would be best for I did some strategic panning here and there.

Let me know what device/s you used to listen to it.

Thank you.

"CONNECTION" (for Ukraine) - 3:57 min.

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...