Keyframe changes for FX within clips

Patrick-Ewing wrote on 5/17/2019, 4:37 PM

I'm new to PRO 16 and a casual user in general and am editing some old silent 8mm digitally captured videos from my late grandparents where the brightness / contrast change frequently. I've seen some videos of older versions of Vegas where the FX effects had a keyframe timeline below the effect where you could add a keyframe to change the brightness / contrast and as the video played it'd transition to the through the various keyframe changes adjusting the brightness / contrast. However when I add the FX brightness / contrast it doesn't show a keyframe timeline in the video event window. I'm not sure my terminology is correct regarding the keyframe timeline. Was this feature removed or changed somehow? I see the pan / crop still has the keyframe timeline. Is there a quicker or better way of color / brightness / contrast adjusting multiple changes within a clip without having to splice it into multiple clips? Posts Tips suggest to post hardware & OS - Windows 10, 32GB, I7-6700, GTX 1080, 1TB M.2, mirrored 4TB drives.

Comments

Patrick-Ewing wrote on 5/17/2019, 4:50 PM

After looking some more I see there is a clock icon after each effect option which is used to animate. I'll see if I can find a tutorial on using the clock to do these effect changes.

fr0sty wrote on 5/20/2019, 4:06 PM

Just about any effect in Vegas can be keyframed. Click that clock, make an adjustment, a keyframe is auto generated. Move to another part of that timeline window that appears when you click the clock, add another keyframe just by changing the slider to another value. There is also a button that makes where you click on the keyframe timeline sync with the playback cursor on the actual timeline.

j-v wrote on 5/20/2019, 5:07 PM

I've seen some videos of older versions of Vegas where the FX effects had a keyframe timeline below the effect where you could add a keyframe to change the brightness / contrast and as the video played it'd transition to the through the various keyframe changes adjusting the brightness / contrast.

That must have been very old tuts, search the differences between version 16 and version 10 of VegasPro

met vriendelijke groet
Jan

Camera : Pan X900,GoPro Hero7 Hero Black
Desktop :AsRock Z270 Pro4, W10 , i7 7700K 4.2Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1050 Ti.
Laptop  :Asus ROG GL753VD, W10 home, version 1903 build 18.362, CPU i7 7700HQ, 16 GB RAM, GeF. GTX 1050 (2 GB) + Int. HD Graphics 630(2GB).
Both Nvidia GPU's have driver version 430.86 Studio Drivers
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

Dutch video tutorials for beginners

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEMCELL DONOR !!!

Patrick-Ewing wrote on 5/25/2019, 3:01 PM

J-V, I have 16 Pro, turns out my clocks were hidden as my window was too narrow. Thanks for posting the pic showing the keyframe timeline!

Patrick-Ewing wrote on 5/25/2019, 3:32 PM

Ok, so the keyframe timeline shows up but if I grab the handle in the keyframe area and move it the preview window doesn't change, it just highlights a section in the keyframe area. If I scrub the timeline the preview moves but the keyframe area doesn't change. How do I get the keyframe area to match up with what is showing in the preview if that makes sense? Oh, I did find the Sync Cursor to Timeline so that answers that :)

Also, is there a default option to always make the keyframe window show up for all FX rather than having to click the clocks?