Multiple transparent videos "bleed" into one another

OP3 wrote on 5/30/2020, 1:37 PM

I have created two separate avi files with the "render alpha channel" option so they can be used in another video project simultaneously. In the main project I use "straight (unmatted)" in the alpha channel (under properties-> media) and I'm seeing one of the videos overlap the other transparent video. I've attached a screenshot where you can see video 1 on the left, video 2 on the right with a ball field in the background. Video 1 has parts of video 2 in it.... coincendtially, I have 2 additional transparent avi's (the planes in the sky) also in this main project, no problems.

Any ideas?

Comments

michael-harrison wrote on 5/30/2020, 3:02 PM

What should video 1 look like? I can't tell what belongs and what doesn't. If you mute all the other tracks, how does it look and as you mute the other tracks, does video change in appearance?

OP3 wrote on 5/30/2020, 3:05 PM

What should video 1 look like? I can't tell what belongs and what doesn't. If you mute all the other tracks, how does it look and as you mute the other tracks, does video change in appearance?

Here ya go...

OP3 wrote on 5/30/2020, 3:09 PM

And to answer the question: I muted the video to the right and it remains while playing in preview. I rendered a short segment and it was fine, nothing from the video to the right was in the left video. Coming back to the preview, it's gone after render. I'm assuming some setting is wrong somewhere.... but it's a weird one.

michael-harrison wrote on 5/30/2020, 3:16 PM

Hmmm. I'd just be guessing at this point. I'd recommend you update your OP with your VP version, hardware and mediainfo on the two clips

Howard-Vigorita wrote on 5/31/2020, 12:26 PM

@OP3 if muting the track when you don't want it to show through fixes it, inserting a Track Composite Level video envelope may work just as well if you automate it with keyframes to effectively mute it when you don't want it.

Cameras: Canon XF305, JVC GV-LS2, Canon 6D w/L-glass line. (Mar 2020: testing Zcam E2)
Laptop: Dell XPS15-9570; i7-8750h 32gb (integrated Intel UHD-630 & Nvidia GTX-1050Ti)
Road: Intel NUC i7 8809g 32gb (integrated AMD VegaM 4gb graphics and Intel HD630)
Workstation: i9 9900k 32 gb (Sapphire AMD Radeon VII 16gb graphics and integrated Intel UHD630)
Workstation2: e5 1650v4 128 gb (Sapphire Nitro+ Vega64 8gb graphics)
Workstation3: i7-980X 24gb (Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700xt Navi 8gb graphics)
currently Vegas 17.452

OP3 wrote on 6/5/2020, 6:21 PM

@OP3 if muting the track when you don't want it to show through fixes it, inserting a Track Composite Level video envelope may work just as well if you automate it with keyframes to effectively mute it when you don't want it.

That's definitely not the desired result but per recommendation above a test to see if I can isolate it. There just seems to be a problem with one transparent video I created bleeding over into one or more other transparent videos.... only when they are show simultaneously. The suspect video clip has inside it, sever layers of transparent videos used to create a wall of the same image (it's TP, in the above pic... don't ask lol). Maybe too much TP is the issue lol.

Musicvid wrote on 6/5/2020, 6:47 PM

Maybe play with your track compositing?