Due to instability issues that have arisen recently with my aging x58 platform desktop - I'm diving headlong into the latest tech for a new workstation build little by little. I've also rethinking my internal storage setup from spinning drives to SSD's as well for this new build and wanted to see what others think.
Here's the build out:
- Phanteks Eclipse P400S Series Satin Black Steel Silent Close Window ATX Mid Tower Case
- Intel i8700K (Possibly OC'd to 5ghz?) cooled with a repurposed Corsair H80i v2 water cooler
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H Motherboard
- 2 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kits
- 1 - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Single Fan or AMD RX580 8GB (still unsure on which one for Vegas Pro - Thoughts???)
- 1 - Samsung 960 EVO nVME m.2 256GB SSD Boot Drive
- 2 - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD's - One for My Documents, the other to store video project files only (currently on spinning drives)
- 1 - 240GB SSD (repurposed) as a swap/cache disk for stills, video and audio prerenders
- 2x1TB external mini Raid 0 for all video assets inside an Akitio enclosure attached via eSata (I'm considering replacing the 2x1Tb spinning laptop drives with SSD's in the same capacity for improved performance once I move to 4K)
- 2 - 4TB WD bare Red Drives alternating/rotated each week via docking port for backup with one stored offsite in a waterproof pelican case.