New Win10 OS install and Make sure you have read access to file/folder

tripleflip18 wrote on 5/30/2019, 2:20 PM

Hi, so got a new M.2 and installed a fresh OS. Now whenever i try to open files from my drive, some of them are unable to open and i get the "An error occured reading the file. Make sure you have read access to the file/folder and that it is not corrupted". When i boot from my other SSD, the file opens just fine, but I need to get it to work on the New OS install and format my old OS ssd... Also this happens randomly and not all of the files on drive g:

Please help! Thank you!

Comments

j-v wrote on 5/30/2019, 2:49 PM

Go to your Configurationscreen/User accounts and make yourself the administrator of that computer with all the rights, also for every file all the full read and write rights.

met vriendelijke groet
Jan

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W10, i7 7900 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti.
Laptop  :Asus ROG GL753VD, W10 home, version 1903 build 18.362,295 CPU i7 7700HQ, 16 GB RAM, GeF. GTX 1050 (2 GB) + Int. HD Graphics 630(2GB).VP 15,16,17 and VMS PL 15,16 are installed
Both Nvidia GPU's have driver version 431.86 Studio Drivers
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

Dutch video tutorials for beginners

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEMCELL DONOR !!!

tripleflip18 wrote on 5/30/2019, 3:04 PM

Made myself admin, the owner of drive G:, full control ... and same problem, just booted to other ssd and its working fine but i need it on this m.2. HELP will be REALLY APPRECIATED !

SphinxRa40 wrote on 5/30/2019, 3:47 PM

Admin account won't help on W10, admin is not admin with all rights anymore since W10, ALWAYS do this after a fresh install with W10:

https://dalehay.me/comment/1009

tripleflip18 wrote on 5/30/2019, 9:18 PM

Admin account won't help on W10, admin is not admin with all rights anymore since W10, ALWAYS do this after a fresh install with W10:

https://dalehay.me/comment/1009

did as instructed and no luck, same damn thing, but im able to open on old OS.. wtf....! any more ideas? even if i save as the file in old OS, its the same thing... unable to open it on new install...... How the hell are we suppose to upgrade hardware if we're not able to reopen old vegas files.......?

Any other ideas guys? Thank you

Chief24 wrote on 5/30/2019, 9:39 PM

Just wondering. You say you installed a "fresh OS" on a newly purchased M.2.

1. Was it an actual install, or did you perform a "clone" with included software, or say some other free version, or even a possible Windows Restore from back-up?

2. If a true "fresh install", was this the only drive in the system (CD, DVD, Blu-Ray drives not included) when you "freshly installed"?

Also wondering why you still would have the "old OS drive" in your system, even if the computer boots to the new M.2. Once the "fresh OS" was installed, upon re-boot, you should have shut down the computer, disconnected the "old OS drive", then continued to boot.

Possibly more help by answering some of the above, though this is more of a "Computer Issue" to begin with, and not really a Magix Vegas Pro/Movie Studio/DVD Architect etc. problem. So, what you would be asking for, besides some "helpful advice", is "Free" computer repair/diagnosis.

Self Build: MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC/1950X @ stock; 64GB Corsair 2666 Mhz; OS-Intel 750 800GB, Project Media-Samsung 960 EVO 1TB & 970 EVO 1TB; (2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD for various (Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Designer Pro 16), Render, Other Assets; Sapphire AMD Radeon VII; (2) Samsung 28 Inch UHD 3840x2160; Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1809); (2) Intel 660p 2TB PCI-e on Asus Quad M.2x16; Magix Vegas Pro 15 Suite (416), Magix Movie Studio Platinum 15 Suite (157); Canon EOS 80D; GoPro Hero 5+ & 6 Black & 7 Black; Sony FDR AX-53 HandyCam; Sound Forge Studio 12.6; Creative SoundBlaster Zx sound card; Magix Music Maker Premium 2019

tripleflip18 wrote on 5/30/2019, 9:58 PM

Just wondering. You say you installed a "fresh OS" on a newly purchased M.2.

1. Was it an actual install, or did you perform a "clone" with included software, or say some other free version, or even a possible Windows Restore from back-up?

2. If a true "fresh install", was this the only drive in the system (CD, DVD, Blu-Ray drives not included) when you "freshly installed"?

Also wondering why you still would have the "old OS drive" in your system, even if the computer boots to the new M.2. Once the "fresh OS" was installed, upon re-boot, you should have shut down the computer, disconnected the "old OS drive", then continued to boot.

Possibly more help by answering some of the above, though this is more of a "Computer Issue" to begin with, and not really a Magix Vegas Pro/Movie Studio/DVD Architect etc. problem. So, what you would be asking for, besides some "helpful advice", is "Free" computer repair/diagnosis.

1. Yeap clean install since this new M.2 only has 4kb block size or something so i couldn't clone it. When i did install it it was the new M.2 plus the old M.2 .. i selected the new one and installed it on that., had to disconnect my sata SSD ) Drive G: where my files are.... because it woudn't let me install windows(typical problem)....

I still have my old OS cause i need to move a lot of files, its 500GB m.2 and i was going to use that as storage for my media files since its quick and i do multicam...

are you saying that if i do a fresh install and disconnect my old OS drive, i might not have these issues? thx!

tripleflip18 wrote on 6/5/2019, 12:18 AM

Ok guys, after days of trying to open files and doing all kinds of crazy stuff I figured it out, Once you save files in v 16 424, you're no longer able to open the files in v16 361...... i didn't try any earlier version before 361, this is a major headache, 424 is nuts, when you make a cut it adds extra frame before the clip and makes auto fade..... this is driving me crazy, magix you really need to release a quick fix for this bug