opening sound forge editor from vegas

doug-v wrote on 4/1/2020, 5:05 PM

I have set the preferences to open Sound Forge 8.0 from Vegas. However, when I right click on an audio file for Vegas and click on open Sound Forge 8.0 it shows an error. It says the specified audio editor can not be opened. I'm currently using Vegas 7.0. I would appreciate any help I could get.

Doug

Comments

rraud wrote on 4/2/2020, 10:20 AM

Does this behavior happen with specific audio file types?

Assuming Sound Forge works normally otherwise and the "Preferred Audio Editor" file path is correct, try enabling the "Options> Preferences> General> Close media files when not the active application"

doug-v wrote on 4/2/2020, 3:13 PM

Yes, I can open and edit normally in Sound Forge and the path seems to be correct. The close media file in preferences was checked, I unchecked it and it does the same thing.

rraud wrote on 4/3/2020, 10:26 AM

What audio file types? Does this happen with PCM files?

You can try changing to a different device type in SF from what VP is using. (for instance, Classic Wave in SF and Sound Mapper in VP) You could also try resetting Vegas back to a fresh install default state and reset the 'Preferred audio editor'

I do not think Magix tech support would be of much help since VP-7 and SF-8 are (ancient) SCS products.

doug-v wrote on 4/11/2020, 8:44 PM

It's worked on every computer I've ever installed it on up until this one. I remember this happening before and I was able to change a setting. Can't find it now. I've used .WAV's and MP3's.

doug-v wrote on 4/11/2020, 8:59 PM

The MSSQL$SONY_MEDIAMGR service does not exist or the current account does not have enough privilege to manage it.

What does this tell us? Message comes up when I start VP.