[Release] VEGAS POST: One workflow. One suite.

MathiasH wrote on 8/12/2019, 8:17 AM

Dear community,

For the first time, we integrate video editing, VFX, compositing tools and image processing into a powerful video post production suite: VEGAS POST.

VEGAS POST offers industry-renowned editing tools coupled with FXhome’s expertise in compositing and visual effects. This jointly-developed software solution includes the brand new VEGAS Pro 17 for fast, professional video editing, VEGAS Effects for high-end compositing and effects, and VEGAS Image for creative image processing. With a perpetual license and flexible subscription plans available, VEGAS POST provides an attractive new alternative to conventional solutions in the market.

VEGAS POST: What’s Included

VEGAS Pro 17

Last week we released our fastest NLE: VEGAS Pro 17. Here you can find the official release thread.

VEGAS Effects

For highly efficient post production, the new VEGAS POST integrates creative effects tools directly into the video editing workflow, including:

• Over 800 effects and filters
  • Particle generators for super-realistic effects
  • 3D model rendering
  • Green Screen removal
  • Muzzle Flash generator
  • Video scopes for accurate color analysis

VEGAS Image

VEGAS Image is a powerful photo-editing tool that keeps image data RAW and all layers self-contained. Flexible layers can be accessed and adjusted in real time and as many times as needed, without disturbing anything else in the image. Key features include:

• Built-in keying tools like Chroma Key
  • Professional compositing tools
  • Easy color adjustment
  • Dozens of powerful image filters and effects
  • LUT support
  • Flexible layer access and adjustment

Learn more at https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-post/

Disclaimer: Once you downloaded and installed all the components of VEGAS POST, you need to activate each of the software applications. Have a look at our tutorial how to activate VEGAS Pro 17, VEGAS Effects and VEGAS Image:

Best Regards,
The VEGAS Pro team

Comments

cinefilm wrote on 8/12/2019, 12:20 PM

Looks like an awesome suite, congratulations! Is there a trial before purchase though?

VidGuy069 wrote on 8/12/2019, 4:22 PM

So many questions. Like cinefilm, a trial would be nice.  Also, what 3rd party plug-ins are NOT included in VEGAS POST 360? Finally will vegas post have it's own section on the forum?  Like vegas pro & movie studio.

marvin-bush wrote on 8/12/2019, 7:03 PM

Need a correction on the date in the introductory email I received, it says,"Exclusive upgrade offer
Available until January 08, 2019."

Thanks

Shinra Bansho wrote on 8/13/2019, 3:50 AM

Also, "Built-in keying tools like Chroma Key" as well as "Professional compositing tools" must be a relevant description for VEGAS Effects (not for VEGAS Image).

PC: GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-WiFi, 32GB RAM, i7 6770K, SanDisk 480GB SSD, Seagate 4TB HDD 7200 rpm, Radeon Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB, Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.829)

Cameras: Panasonic GH4, GH5, Sony PXW-Z90, FDR-AX100, Panasonic WX970(M)

Marco. wrote on 8/13/2019, 5:05 AM

It's in both. The FXHome developed Chroma Keyer once was available as photo tool only before they put it into HitFilm for video production.

Shinra Bansho wrote on 8/13/2019, 5:26 AM

@Marco. OK, thanks for the clarification.

PC: GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-WiFi, 32GB RAM, i7 6770K, SanDisk 480GB SSD, Seagate 4TB HDD 7200 rpm, Radeon Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB, Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.829)

Cameras: Panasonic GH4, GH5, Sony PXW-Z90, FDR-AX100, Panasonic WX970(M)

pioneer109 wrote on 8/13/2019, 9:42 AM

Thank you for this, having just purchased Pro17 how does one now qualify to upgrade to Vegas Post? And what is the likley cost please? Had I realised Post was going to be immediately following the release of Pro 17 I would of course held off upgrading to Pro17

zdogg wrote on 8/13/2019, 11:15 AM

You may be able to Run Vegas Pro 17, and Vegas Effects, on Win 7, but not Vegas Image, (FxHome "Emerge") Any workarounds??? I'm all ears on this.

zdogg wrote on 8/13/2019, 3:16 PM

Vegas Post? So far MAJOR disappointment. Won't open MXF files which Vegas handles easily, and which populate a lot of my current projects, and some other files, it is it's own program (Vegas Effects, aka Hitfilm) takes a long time to open on the timeline and you can have only one open at any one time. It's a good idea, and maybe for some, it really gets you there. Works better, I'm sure, in Win 10, and btw, Imerge, (Vegas Image) not working at all in Win 7, even with some attempts at workarounds.

Deva-Bida wrote on 8/13/2019, 4:57 PM

Without a look into Vegas Effects, I have a couple of questions.

1) Is Vegas Effects and Vegas Image intended to take the place of Adobe After Effects and Photoshop in our workflow?

2) Is there a published list of the 800 filters.

My quandary is today is the last day to upgrade from 16 to 17 at discount. I want 17 for its speed and somewhat for its new features. I purchased 15 and 16 Suites and am still using 15, without any of the 3rd party stuff included in Suite, so I probably don't need 17 Suite. I might opt for POST if I knew more about it. I don't want to miss the 16-17 upgrade discount, but I don't want to make that purchase if I'm going to turn around and purchase POST.

Perhaps POST should have been released well in advance of the 15-17 and 16-17 upgrade deadlines.

zdogg wrote on 8/13/2019, 6:03 PM

You can cancel the purchase, either way, within thirty days for full refund....So go for Post, and if it doesn't work, you can basically go back to square one. YOu really don't need 16 and 17, if that is your idea, why? Seventeen does represent some interesting changes and the responsiveness is better, and should keep improving. If you MISS a deal on Magix, there's another bus in thirty minutes, which is sort of a running joke here.

Caveat, as long as you're running Win 10, otherwise, no Post.

vkmast wrote on 8/13/2019, 6:34 PM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/terms-and-conditions/

Click there "PDF version of the Terms and Conditions". You'll see this document which adds § 3 about the "money-back guarantee". (Date as of March 2019)

FireStorm wrote on 8/13/2019, 6:51 PM

This is awesome. A great step for Vegas and about time to.

Without using the software yet, I would boast about how Vegas was a great "all-in-one" solution (Audio/Video/Compositing), and I was hoping that a lot of Vegas Post's features would have been integrated into the Vegas Pro editor. A big step in setting itself apart from After Effects, and much like Resolve has been doing.

Maybe this will still happen one day, but I'm happy to see Vegas expand into this territory, and excited of what is to come.

bluesgeek wrote on 8/13/2019, 9:53 PM

You can cancel the purchase, either way, within thirty days for full refund....So go for Post, and if it doesn't work, you can basically go back to square one. YOu really don't need 16 and 17, if that is your idea, why? Seventeen does represent some interesting changes and the responsiveness is better, and should keep improving. If you MISS a deal on Magix, there's another bus in thirty minutes, which is sort of a running joke here.

Great advice, thank you. I haven't been around the forum for a long time and wasn't aware of the return policy. Very cool.

I know I don't need 16 and 17. I'm running 15. I have 16 and the 16-17 discount ends today. I'm interested in the improvements in rendering speed, and the timeline nesting. Most of my projects are long-form 1-2 hr timelines, it is not unusual for me to run over a dozen projects. It will be nice be able to manage all of that within one master project. I'll see how that works in practice, but I really like the idea.

zdogg wrote on 8/13/2019, 10:33 PM

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/terms-and-conditions/

Click there "PDF version of the Terms and Conditions". You'll see this document which adds § 3 about the "money-back guarantee". (Date as of March 2019)

Well, I am going to seek a refund, there is no trial, and the basic functionality is NOT available to me. Others MMV.....

The only reason I even tried it was the advertisment of "refund." The "fine print" escaped me, perhaps.

I am pretty tired of some of the recent "ways" of Vegas. I spent two days trying to get the damned thing to work correctly, and whether you're talking Pro 17 or Post, both have problems. I am a LONG TIME customer, and really, not feeling it right now, though I am staying optimistic, and waiting for some things to shake out, some of this is still new. But we ARE beta testers, and I'm not digging that too much.

zdogg wrote on 8/13/2019, 10:37 PM

Great advice, thank you. I haven't been around the forum for a long time and wasn't aware of the return policy. Very cool.

I know I don't need 16 and 17. I'm running 15. I have 16 and the 16-17 discount ends today. I'm interested in the improvements in rendering speed, and the timeline nesting. Most of my projects are long-form 1-2 hr timelines, it is not unusual for me to run over a dozen projects. It will be nice be able to manage all of that within one master project. I'll see how that works in practice, but I really like the idea.

There is some fine print. Sorry. I should pull that post. There SHOULD BE a money back guarantee, especially with no trial....but, apparently for "mail order" (hard copies) but MAGIX has been EXTREMELY fair and flexible with me over the years, Sony Vegas as well.. I am on the 365 plan. NOW< I am not saying it won't work for many people. I'm not happy because I use a file type that works in Vegas but not in the Vegas Effects (thats some BS, but I will try to stay cheery, )

cinefilm wrote on 8/14/2019, 1:25 AM

Vegas Post? So far MAJOR disappointment. Won't open MXF files which Vegas handles easily, and which populate a lot of my current projects, and some other files, it is it's own program (Vegas Effects, aka Hitfilm) takes a long time to open on the timeline and you can have only one open at any one time. It's a good idea, and maybe for some, it really gets you there. Works better, I'm sure, in Win 10, and btw, Imerge, (Vegas Image) not working at all in Win 7, even with some attempts at workarounds.

Sorry to hear about your troubles and I’m glad you shared your experience. I also use a lot of MXF files and I’m glad you mentioned something about it. Seems to me there’s many bugs to sort out so I’ll hold off for now. That’s exactly why I asked if there’s a trial before purchase.

Nobetheless I’m proud of where Magix has taken Vegas but we need these problems sorted out

sonicvision wrote on 8/14/2019, 3:45 AM

I got, and installed today, Vegas Post. Out of the 4 components, all work but Vegas Effects. It crashes every single attempt to launch, either from within Post or as stand alone. Quite annoying.

Dock wrote on 8/14/2019, 8:22 AM

Hi, is there a masking tool to remove undesired objects included in Vegas Post?

DrNeb wrote on 8/14/2019, 7:04 PM

I brought Hitfilm Pro a number of months ago, because I could not wait till this software came up. I've only seen some small screen grabs, but the software layout of Post looks a lot like Hitfilm. Vegas and Hitfilm have been working together i.e nesting...is the current support for Hitfilm going to continue? I'd hate to have to shell out for another piece of software that does the same as Hitfilm?

VidGuy069 wrote on 8/15/2019, 12:21 PM

Does anyone know what 'flavor' of VEGAS Pro comes with POST? (Edit, Platinum, or Suite)

Marco. wrote on 8/15/2019, 12:45 PM

There is no "Platinum" version of Vegas Pro. And "Suite" is only another package.

gary-rebholz wrote on 8/15/2019, 12:54 PM

Does anyone know what 'flavor' of VEGAS Pro comes with POST? (Edit, Platinum, or Suite)

You get:

• VEGAS Pro 17 Edit
  • VEGAS Effects
  • VEGAS Image

You do not get any of the third-party plug-ins that come with other offerings of VEGAS Pro (e.g., the Boris plug-ins that come with VEGAS Pro Suite).

You also get VEGAS DVD Architect, but we don't make much noise about that because so many have it already and it is not a new version, but it's included.

bmgstl wrote on 8/15/2019, 8:56 PM

I purchase Vegas Post but the VEGAS EFFECTS keeps rendering in demo mode which is pointless. I have activated and reactivated. Uninstalled, reinstalled, ran Vegas Pro, dropped in a video, clicked and tried to run Vegas Effects, said it activated but still running in Demo mode. Everything else works great.