[Release] VEGAS POST: One workflow. One suite.

Comments

gary-rebholz wrote on 8/21/2019, 8:19 AM

I have little hope that this 'bug-fix' is high on their agenda;

It is. The connection to HitFilm was inadvertently broken and will be fixed. I know it naturally looks like we did this on purpose, but we didn't. We wouldn't do that to you customers or our partner. Just one of those stupid unfortunate things that happens.

And I cannot see an option to purchase 'Vegas Effects' standalone anywhere...

It is not offered as a stand-alone purchase. But when we fix the HitFilm connection, you won't need VEGAS Effects anyway. At some point in the future as we tighten and strengthen the integration of the VEGAS POST package, you may want to consider a switch, but FXhome may also decide to make similar changes to HitFilm. That's on their side and I have no way to know what they will do with that product in the future.

Dock wrote on 8/22/2019, 2:00 PM

Why did you strip out Vegas Post of all of third-party plugs-in?

gary-rebholz wrote on 8/22/2019, 2:26 PM

@Dock,

I'm not sure what you mean. VEGAS POST never had third-party plug-ins.

If you mean why doesn't VEGAS POST include all the plug-ins that VEGAS Pro or VEGAS Pro Suite include, well that's just the difference between product offerings. Maybe that's an offering we can make in the future, but to be sure, if we'd have included third-party plug-ins, someone here would complain because they don't want them and don't like being forced to buy them. At least this way you can get the plug-ins you want without any that you don't.

marvin-bush wrote on 8/22/2019, 3:22 PM

Just looking down the road - Should I expect the upgrade price for for the next version of Vegas Post to be less than the initial upgrade price from VP to Post?

Thanks

gary-rebholz wrote on 8/23/2019, 8:45 AM

@marvin-bush, Sorry; I don't have any way to know that at this point.

marvin-bush wrote on 8/23/2019, 9:14 AM

@marvin-bush, Sorry; I don't have any way to know that at this point.

Thanks Gary for replying, I have a few more days to think on this, but I will be at least upgrading to VP17.

Thanks again

Dock wrote on 8/23/2019, 1:37 PM

@Dock,

I'm not sure what you mean. VEGAS POST never had third-party plug-ins.

If you mean why doesn't VEGAS POST include all the plug-ins that VEGAS Pro or VEGAS Pro Suite include, well that's just the difference between product offerings. Maybe that's an offering wecan make in the future, but to be sure, if we'd have included third-party plug-ins, someone here would complain because they don't want them and don't like being forced to buy them. At least this way you can get the plug-ins you want without any that you don't.

@gary-rebholz

I meant compared with Hitfilm that embarks BCC 3D objects and Mocha camera tracking. The thing is that as individuals these plug-ins are much more expensive to buy than when they are included by Vegas. A software cannot excel in all areas and included plug-ins are a way to compensate for weaknesses of the main software. I know that Vegas has a tracking feature: I do not know about VP17 but in VP16 the tracker was way inferior than Mocha's offer, and I am not even talking of Mocha 2019. This is only one example.

gary-rebholz wrote on 8/23/2019, 1:51 PM

@Dock, OK, I understand now. Agreements that FXhome may have established with Boris FX do not automatically transfer to VEGAS as a result of this join venture on VEGAS POST and require new negotiations. New agreements may certainly be made in the future, but I don't have any information on anything like that at this time.

VidGuy069 wrote on 8/24/2019, 6:11 PM

So I know what videos to search for, what version of Imerge Pro is VEGAS Image? From my VERY LIMITED exposure to VEGAS Image, it's easier than photoshop. But I'd really like to figure it out. I learned VP the same way.

Thanks guys.

AOM_Management wrote on 8/27/2019, 12:01 AM

My Prodad Vitascene 3 and Ignite Pro plugins did not transfer to Vegas Post from Vegas Pro 16. How do I get them to Vegas Pro 17 in Vegas Post? 

VidGuy069 wrote on 8/29/2019, 5:45 PM

VEGAS POST help needed. VEGAS Effects gives the splash screen. Screen goes away and NOTHING else happens. Same thing happens when I try to run it outside VEGAS Pro. Yes, properly activated.

Thank you.

lan-mLMC wrote on 9/1/2019, 10:45 PM

There is no a trial?

AVsupport wrote on 9/3/2019, 2:38 AM

I'd be interested to know if 'Vegas Effects 17' will work with 'VP Edit 18' when it comes out. Or if suddenly, those integrations are inadvertently broken again. Also would like to know why the OFX Ignite suite is not compatible to VP17 if there wasn't a deliberate Version hook on it..

my current Win10/64 system (latest drivers, water cooled) :

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

16GB (2x8GB Corsair Dual Channel DDR4-2133) XMP-3000 RAM,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

4TB 7200RPM NAS HGST data drive,

Intel HD630 iGPU - currently disabled in Bios,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

main screen 4K/50p 1ms scaled @175%, second screen 1920x1080/50p 1ms.

bitman wrote on 9/3/2019, 7:22 AM

@AVsupport ignite pro (version Ignite_Pro_4.1.9221.34279_x64.msi) is compatible and works in Vegas 17 (this is a new version that came late August to fix compatibility issues with Vegas 17).

Last changed by bitman on 9/3/2019, 7:22 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Current system: VP 17 (edit), VP16 (suite) build 424, VP15 (suite) build 416, Magix Video Pro X (VPX11), Corel VS ultimate 2019, a lot of NEWBLUE plugins, Titler Pro 6, Mercalli 4.0, Respeedr, Vasco Da Gamma 12, VASST stuff, Production Assistent pro3, Boris Continuum 2019, Davinci Resolve Studio 16 b...

• CPU: der8auer i7-8700K (advanced edition), default speed (no overclock), Cooler: Noctua NH-D15s
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200C14 DDR4 64GB, XMP set to profile 1 in BIOS
  • Videocard: NVIDEA RTX 2080Ti (Founders edition), NVIDEA studio drivers
  • Monitor: LG 38 inch ultra-wide (21x9) - yes upgraded from 34 to 38, I can see more tracks now! Resolution: 3840x1600
  • C-drive: Samsung NVMe SSD 2TB 960 pro
  • Data storage: WD gold 6TB + WD Yellow 4TB
  • MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
  • PS: Corsair HX1200i, Case: Silverstone fortress 2, shuttlePROv2, Keyboard and mouse: Logitech G910 and G700s (and now Evoluent Vertical Mouse)

Before November 2018: NVIDEA Gibabyte GTX 1080ti

Before November 2017: windows 10 Pro 64, i7-4790k, mem: DDR3 16GB GTX TITAN X (Maxwell)

gary-rebholz wrote on 9/3/2019, 8:36 AM

Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but the continued implication that we "suddenly" broke integrations on purpose is annoying and really quite unnecessary. Believe what you will, I guess, but I already stated above that the compatibility was broken by mistake. I know it seems like we are, be no, we are not perfect. A mistake was made. An apology and explanation were issued. We are working to fix it.

And, as bitman pointed out, the broken OFX Ignite connection was not even on our end. Imagine another evil company making a mistake. Sorry for my rudeness, but man, can we get over the conspiracy theories and just get down to trying to have a civil back and forth about where we really do need to do better? I know we can improve. I know you get frustrated, and I don't blame you. We all want everything to work perfectly out of the box.

To get past the ugly implications and to the core of your question, I fully expect the VEGAS Effects you buy now to work in VEGAS Pro 18 Edit (a bold statement for a product that hasn't even begun to be worked on yet). Could another mistake be made? I suppose. But then, I suppose you'll let me know about it quickly enough too.

AVsupport wrote on 9/3/2019, 10:46 PM

@AVsupport ignite pro (version Ignite_Pro_4.1.9221.34279_x64.msi) is compatible and works in Vegas 17 (this is a new version that came late August to fix compatibility issues with Vegas 17).

yes thanks @bitman I saw that after I chased their forums also.

Reminds me very much on the similar situation when VP16 got released.

Then agai,n this is perhaps more correctly an FXHome question rather than Magix. I do query though who is enforcing those version checks for OFX, is it VP being the Host or is it the Plugin provider? Life could be so much easier if existing OFX could just be thrown into the OFX folder, read and analyzed on Host startup, and those that are not working as expected: blacklisted and unloaded.

Intel Coffee Lake i5 Hexacore (unlocked, but not overclocked) 4.0 GHz on Z370 chipset board,

Intel 600series 512GB M.2 SSD system drive running Win10/64 home automatic driver updates,

nVidia GTX1060 6GB, always on latest [creator] drivers. nVidia HW acceleration enabled.

AVsupport wrote on 9/3/2019, 11:36 PM

Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but the continued implication that we "suddenly" broke integrations on purpose is annoying and really quite unnecessary. ...

An apology and explanation were issued. We are working to fix it.

Sorry @gary-rebholz for the venting, my cynical remarks shouldn't have tarnished your more than welcome apology, I apologize.

I fully expect the VEGAS Effects you buy now to work in VEGAS Pro 18 Edit

Thank you for the clarification on this issue. Please do understand that I am a little cautious on 'bundles' and 'suites' since I didn't have the greatest of all experiences with the dreaded up-versioning, loosing plugins and functionality. Please see this old thread https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/proliferation-of-vp-bundled-software-products--108531/ from a while back. And the story continues. And not sure if this is a Host or Plugin Manufacturer issue, but for me as a User this is really annoying and frustrating.

As to my current situation, I've already spend my annual upgrade$ on VP17, and I lost Ignite and Hitfilm. Without finger pointing to either Host or Plugin provider, I am forced to upgrade.

Plus please do understand my hesitation that I am not willing to pay full $$$ for VPEffects17 module I cannot even trial whilst I'm a moment away pressing the button on an FXHome renewal. I'd rather spend my money with Magix, and I'd hoped you'd find an attractive solution for clients like me 'to jump ship'.

TOG62 wrote on 9/4/2019, 12:05 AM

As to my current situation, I've already spend my annual upgrade$ on VP17, and I lost Ignite and Hitfilm.

I hope that a future VP update will restore compatibility as there seems to be no prospect of updated versions of the plug-ins.

gary-rebholz wrote on 9/4/2019, 7:42 AM

@AVsupport, There are those times where I don't take a breath or a walk before I publicly fire off the first thing that comes to mind. My previous post was one of those.

I really do understand the frustration. This third-party stuff has been biting us all in the...It concerns us on the VEGAS Creative Software team and I can also tell you that it concerns our partners as well. No one wants to be the cause of user frustration. We'll keep working to get better. And despite the tone of my previous post, I do appreciate not only your frustration, but also your contribution here.

I have a friend who uses the perfect phrase for this type of situation: "Steady on.."

AVsupport wrote on 9/4/2019, 5:26 PM

We'll keep working to get better.

And yes this is also what drives me to make hopefully meaningful contributions to this forum. I also offer my services as Beta tester for VPEffects if such a program existed ;-)

bitman wrote on 9/5/2019, 4:31 PM

I purchase Vegas Post but the VEGAS EFFECTS keeps rendering in demo mode which is pointless. I have activated and reactivated. Uninstalled, reinstalled, ran Vegas Pro, dropped in a video, clicked and tried to run Vegas Effects, said it activated but still running in Demo mode. Everything else works great.

@bmgstl

Same here, purchased vegas post upgrade today and asked a refund for the original (non post) edit 17. Vegas effects runs in demo mode. I cleaned all original vegas 17 edit traces from my PC, but no cure...

@gary-rebholz

Any fix yet? I hope Magix did not provide me the wrong licence ?

Current system: VP 17 (edit), VP16 (suite) build 424, VP15 (suite) build 416, Magix Video Pro X (VPX11), Corel VS ultimate 2019, a lot of NEWBLUE plugins, Titler Pro 6, Mercalli 4.0, Respeedr, Vasco Da Gamma 12, VASST stuff, Production Assistent pro3, Boris Continuum 2019, Davinci Resolve Studio 16 b...

• CPU: der8auer i7-8700K (advanced edition), default speed (no overclock), Cooler: Noctua NH-D15s
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200C14 DDR4 64GB, XMP set to profile 1 in BIOS
  • Videocard: NVIDEA RTX 2080Ti (Founders edition), NVIDEA studio drivers
  • Monitor: LG 38 inch ultra-wide (21x9) - yes upgraded from 34 to 38, I can see more tracks now! Resolution: 3840x1600
  • C-drive: Samsung NVMe SSD 2TB 960 pro
  • Data storage: WD gold 6TB + WD Yellow 4TB
  • MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
  • PS: Corsair HX1200i, Case: Silverstone fortress 2, shuttlePROv2, Keyboard and mouse: Logitech G910 and G700s (and now Evoluent Vertical Mouse)

Before November 2018: NVIDEA Gibabyte GTX 1080ti

Before November 2017: windows 10 Pro 64, i7-4790k, mem: DDR3 16GB GTX TITAN X (Maxwell)

AVsupport wrote on 9/5/2019, 5:37 PM

would be easier if Magix would at least offer an 'exchange price' for owners of VP17 surrendering their license.. ideally also including existing FXHome licenses for loyal customers wanting to 'transfer' to Magix...

AVsupport wrote on 9/9/2019, 5:26 PM

well my time is running out, I need my Ignite back, so since there's no good alternatives I'll have to renew my license over at FXHome... too sad. please PM me if you have any better ideas @gary-rebholz

gary-rebholz wrote on 9/10/2019, 7:52 AM

@AVsupport, sorry; I can't make any promises, so I'd advise that you go with what you know will work for you now. Not the answer I want to give, but at least it has the merit of being honest.

@bitman, run VEGAS in administrator mode and the registration should succeed. This is a known issue that we're working on a fix for.