[Release] VEGAS POST: One workflow. One suite.

Comments

gary-rebholz wrote on 3/2/2020, 9:28 AM

@lan-mLMC, No announcements have been made about future updates for VEGAS Effects. Why? Because as soon as we mention a date and then something happens to make us miss that date, we take nothing but heat for breaking a "promise". That said, NAB is coming up in April and many times companies will release new things at that time. No promises.

One of those download links is for VEGAS Pro and the other for VEGAS POST. The version of VEGAS Pro that comes with VEGAS POST is identical to the regular VEGAS Pro, but the registration process is different to account for interaction between the VEGAS POST products. If you do not own VEGAS POST, use the VEGAS Pro update link.

lan-mLMC wrote on 3/2/2020, 5:24 PM

@lan-mLMC, No announcements have been made about future updates for VEGAS Effects. Why? Because as soon as we mention a date and then something happens to make us miss that date, we take nothing but heat for breaking a "promise". That said, NAB is coming up in April and many times companies will release new things at that time. No promises.

One of those download links is for VEGAS Pro and the other for VEGAS POST. The version of VEGAS Pro that comes with VEGAS POST is identical to the regular VEGAS Pro, but the registration process is different to account for interaction between the VEGAS POST products. If you do not own VEGAS POST, use the VEGAS Pro update link.

Thanks for you clear explain.

gary-rebholz wrote on 3/18/2020, 8:19 AM

@lan-mLMC, yes, NAB is cancelled, or at least postponed. As with everything and everyone, things are in a state of flux right now, so who can say for sure? We haven't made any announcements about a new release of VEGAS POST one way or the other regardless. We'll just all have to wait and see what comes.

lan-mLMC wrote on 3/18/2020, 8:57 AM

@lan-mLMC, yes, NAB is cancelled, or at least postponed. As with everything and everyone, things are in a state of flux right now, so who can say for sure? We haven't made any announcements about a new release of VEGAS POST one way or the other regardless. We'll just all have to wait and see what comes.

all right 😕

lan-mLMC wrote on 4/5/2020, 3:40 AM

@gary-rebholz 

Hello, I have some suggestions about future's VEGAS Pro.

I have noted that EventFX's Mocha can't read other track's event. This makes mocha can't attach other track's event to Mocha's motion tracking.

If we want to attach other track's event to motion tracking, we have to use CustomCompositeMode's Mocha.

But CustomCompositeMode's Mocha will occupy this track. It make the three features (CustomCompositeMode, 3D track motion and blending mode) can't be used in the meantime.

Whether it is possible in the future version that? :

• EventFX can read other track's event so that more advanced plugins' feature can be used in EventFX, such as mocha pro(reading other track's event), Twixtor (pro and vector version)...
  • Dividing 3D track motion, blending mode and Custom Composite Mode to three independent features. So that 3D track motion, blending mode and Custom Composite Mode can be used in the meantime.
  • Another suggestions is that VGEAS Pro's preview is using Studio RGB which makes many plugins' independent preview have color shift comparing to VGEAS Pro's preview, such as 3D LUT Creator's independent preview, Magic Bullet Looks' independent preview. Maybe VGEAS Pro needs Computer RGB.

Sorry for nonstandard English. Maybe these improvements need big changes in VEGAS Pro's source code, but it will make VEGAS Pro become more powerful and improved.

Brent-Jensen wrote on 4/15/2020, 5:01 PM

Hello,

I am having the issue where output from VEGAS Effects reads as demo mode in VEGAS Pro. I have tried launching as administrator, but it makes no difference. I am registering when launching VEGAS Pro using the VEGAS POST serial number that was sent to me. Perhaps I do not understand the fix for this.Could someone please explain more clearly how to get VEGAS Effects out of demo mode? Thanks.

Orlando-Turner wrote on 4/16/2020, 5:03 AM

Vegas Post wont open Vegas Effects.

Brent-Jensen wrote on 4/16/2020, 11:21 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I don't understand that VEGAS Post won't open VEGAS Effects. I thought VEGAS Post was the integration of VEGAS Effects with VEGAS Pro. When I bought the upgrade from VEGAS Pro to VEGAS Post, Magix sent me one serial number for VEGAS Post that I used when I reinstalled and first launched VEGAS Pro. I did the installation using the vegaspost_dlm.exe installer.

I did discover something interesting. I had created content directly in VEGAS Effects and then imported it into VEGAS Pro. This content had the Demo overlay on it. Alternately, when I create an empty video event in VEGAS Pro and right-click on it, I do not see the Edit in VEGAS Effects command in the pop-up context menu. There does seem to be something wrong with my VEGAS Post integration. I am not sure what to do differently though with my installation. Any ideas? Thanks.

vkmast wrote on 4/16/2020, 11:25 AM

@Brent-Jensen please see here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/struggling-to-activate-vegas-effects--119919/#ca748066 (and the thread).

Brent-Jensen wrote on 4/16/2020, 3:10 PM

Thank you. I did find a useful thread. I did a complete reinstall, and then I had to move BCC13_OFX.ofx.bundle out of the C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins folder in order for VEGAS Effects to run. But because of this it seems I cannot use Boris Continuum and VEGAS Effects at the same time in VEGAS Pro.

lan-mLMC wrote on 4/16/2020, 11:44 PM

But because of this it seems I cannot use Boris Continuum and VEGAS Effects at the same time in VEGAS Pro.

You can move "NewBlueFX","BCC_OFX_3DObjects.ofx.bundle","BCC13_OFX.ofx.bundle"

from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins"

to "C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 17.0\OFX Video Plug-Ins".

NewblueFX,BCC are incompatible with VEGAS Effects now.

Brent-Jensen wrote on 4/17/2020, 5:04 AM

@lan-mLMC -- That is excellent. Thank you so much!

gary-rebholz wrote on 5/8/2020, 8:45 AM

@lan-mLMC, nothing has been announced regarding that or any other release. It is a year since the initial release, and given our past release history, one might be forgiven for assuming there may be a new version coming along roughly the same schedule as last year. But again, no announcements have been made, and this post should not be read as any type of promise. Releases are announced when everyone is confident that they are on track to meet the announced dates.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 5/8/2020, 10:44 AM

@lan-mLMC, nothing has been announced regarding that or any other release. It is a year since the initial release, and given our past release history, one might be forgiven for assuming there may be a new version coming along roughly the same schedule as last year. But again, no announcements have been made, and this post should not be read as any type of promise. Releases are announced when everyone is confident that they are on track to meet the announced dates.

My request has to do with new audio tools like 22.2 3d audio for 360 videos and 7.1 surround sound etc and more support for drives or for new digital mixers to control the mixing console in Vp the audio plugins they has not been updated in years we need De click removal https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx/features/de-click.html

We need an updated version of the audio plugins most of them look the same as they were in 1999.

old

new

And we need more bands for EQ plugins as shown in the pic and show us the graph where all the frequencies are just like in the picture where all the whites lines and spikes are under the red line

VP EQ plugin is OLD

old

new

new fabfilter and up to date. https://www.fabfilter.com/

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/fairlight

We definitely need Network editing media sharing media cloud storage etc

https://www.avid.com/products/avid-dialogue-search

https://www.avid.com/products/mediacentral/mediacentral-production-management

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/team-projects.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/team-projects/using/getting-started.html

@gary-rebholz thanks

Last changed by Sheriff-adeyemi on 5/5/2020, 5:28 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 5/8/2020, 10:58 AM

All of this might updates might take a long time but when they do

Add features to work as a team

Hollywood filmmakers tv editors YouTube etc will leave avid media composer, avid Pro tools Adobe creative cloud, DaVinci resolve resolve, final cut Pro to use Vegas creative software

vkmast wrote on 5/8/2020, 11:36 AM

Waiting new release is painful

@lan-mLMC they know.

david-ruby wrote on 7/1/2020, 2:24 PM

Gary thanks for keeping this program alive! I have been around since sonic foundry started sound forge. I know WOW!!! (Trying not to beat a dead horse here) Just purchased POST 365. I uninstalled vegas pro 17 and dvd arch. Then installed POST. I cannot get vegas effects to start up and get an error message. Then it asks to replace the media or cancel. Then I tried vegas effects stand alone to see if anything started. Splash screen comes up, then shuts down. Any help on this would be great. P.s. already tried the things mentioned. Love the Vegas Pro 17 updates!!! Great job!!! Also noted here is that vegas image works fine.

I need to add that when I did install post 365 it did not add a shortcut to the screen like Vegas image and vegas pro 17 did. Kind of odd.

set wrote on 7/2/2020, 12:50 AM

Then I tried vegas effects stand alone to see if anything started. Splash screen comes up, then shuts down.

One possible cause is incompatible OFX. Do you have any 3rd party OFX installed?

You can try move OFX from C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX to C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 17.0\OFX Video Plug-Ins

By doing this way, OFX will stable able to be used in Vegas Pro 17's environment, but will not be available in Vegas Effects.

Hope helps.

david-ruby wrote on 7/7/2020, 10:20 AM

Thank you for the replies here but yes I have tried everything possible. It does seem like Vegas is using only cpu to chug through time lines. Hopefully they can find a solution. Still hoping but I must get to work. Bummed. But I still hold the torch for Vegas and Gary!!!!

Revo-Juma wrote on 7/11/2020, 6:29 PM

For new version of Vegas 18 please add a skin tone corrector,color temperate corrector,shadow & highlight corrector ,separate color picker,skin retouch,improve color wheel tool and a special panel for color grading and color correction