[Release] VEGAS POST: One workflow. One suite.

Comments

Abu-Sayeed wrote on 7/14/2020, 12:04 PM

ok it seems trials not working . i intalled it but cant open it . it says activate vegas post but i cant find any vegas post .

set wrote on 7/14/2020, 9:08 PM

The application itself is called VEGAS Effects.

Also VEGAS Image for still image editing.

Michael-Crawford wrote on 8/6/2020, 9:29 PM

WHAT EXTRAS ARE INCLUDED IN VEGAS POST SUITE?

OK, I am trying to get a handle on what is included in the new POST Suite vs. Vegas Pro 18 Suite. So, is everything in Pro Suite a part of POST Suite (Action VFX, Boris FX, SpectraLayers, etc.)? And, is everything in POST Suite included in POST Suite 365? Thx

Loic-Rathscheck wrote on 8/7/2020, 10:51 AM

WHAT EXTRAS ARE INCLUDED IN VEGAS POST SUITE?

OK, I am trying to get a handle on what is included in the new POST Suite vs. Vegas Pro 18 Suite. So, is everything in Pro Suite a part of POST Suite (Action VFX, Boris FX, SpectraLayers, etc.)? And, is everything in POST Suite included in POST Suite 365? Thx

I have the exact same question. I contacted support and the answer I got was what we already know. I contacted them again and unfortunately got no response. They may have many emails to answer so things are taking longer.

I want to update from Vegas Pro Suite 17 to Vegas POST Suite 18. The Ignite plugins included in Suite 17 are very important. I hope I can keep those in 18. I also like the Boris package included in Vegas Pro Suite 18.

How can I update to POST Suite 18, keep my Pro Suite 17 Ignite package and also get the Boris package included in Vegas 18 Pro Suite? And benefit from the limited offer (August 11)?

Hopefully support will help those with the same question.

Cheers, Loic

Loic-Rathscheck wrote on 8/7/2020, 12:55 PM

PS. I just realized that I did upgrade to Hitfilm Ignite, silly me, I forgot. so these plug-ins are mine regardless. My Boris Sapphire plug-ins will also continue to work in future Vegas updates since I have serial numbers for these. So I guess my best bet is to upgrade to Vegas POST Suite.

Michael-Crawford wrote on 8/7/2020, 3:59 PM

Thanks for joining in with your thoughts and similar query. Hopefully, MAGIX will add POST Suite and 365 to a product comparison table with Vegas Pro. It’s frustrating to not know what you are buying.

James_Patrick wrote on 8/18/2020, 12:28 PM

PS. I just realized that I did upgrade to Hitfilm Ignite, silly me, I forgot. so these plug-ins are mine regardless. My Boris Sapphire plug-ins will also continue to work in future Vegas updates since I have serial numbers for these. So I guess my best bet is to upgrade to Vegas POST Suite.

Unless they have said otherwise Boris FX does not work with vegas effects. And last response I got was that it would never work. So upgrading to post suite would be a waste since you will never be able to use them all together.

James_Patrick wrote on 8/18/2020, 12:31 PM

Thanks for joining in with your thoughts and similar query. Hopefully, MAGIX will add POST Suite and 365 to a product comparison table with Vegas Pro. It’s frustrating to not know what you are buying.

Post will not come with Boris FX plugins because it is not supported in vegas effects. And in fact will crash and become unusable.

Deva-Bida wrote on 8/19/2020, 9:35 PM

@bmgstl, Sorry; that's an obscure bug we've become aware of that affects some users. We're looking into it as quickly as we can.

@pioneer109, There is an upgrade option From VEGAS Pro to VEGAS POST. Scroll to the bottom of this page: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-post/ and click the Upgrade button. Admittedly the process is a little clumsier than we'd like it to be at the moment, but it is available for you.

Revisiting an old thread. Gary, I just purchased Vegas Pro 18 Suite, and wasn't clear that it is a different product than Post. Is there a way to purchase Effects as an add-on? (I follow your previously posted link and an option didn't pop out at me. Thanks.

riiupw-a wrote on 9/20/2020, 8:21 AM

I have briefly looked through the thread to find out if the free trial is offered. I did not find this information unfortunately. So I have a question to those who have already tried the improved product. Did you have an opportunity of a free trial? I am from Spain https://worldcams.tv/spain/benidorm/beach, but I believe the terms of use are the same for all users worldwide.

NickHope wrote on 9/22/2020, 3:02 AM

I have briefly looked through the thread to find out if the free trial is offered. I did not find this information unfortunately. So I have a question to those who have already tried the improved product. Did you have an opportunity of a free trial? I am from Spain, but I believe the terms of use are the same for all users worldwide.

@riiupw-a Free trial of VEGAS POST Suite is available from this page: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/free-trials/video-editor-free-download/ You should be able to select Spanish during the installation, but some components might not be available in Spanish.