Rendering Crashes

MikeTe wrote on 6/8/2020, 8:25 PM

I have been using Vegas Pro the Sony Software days. I'm currently using Vegas Pro 15 Build 384. I have Rendered numerous files .MTS, .AVI, .MP4, etc. to .MPG, .MP4. Writing to DVD's and BluRay's. Recently I can't seem to render anything. Renders crash into a Blue Screen that times out and reboots or the computer just locks up and I have to force a reboot. It crashes at different points in the video. Anywhere after a couple of minutes to almost completion. Source video is a MP4 rendered to a MP4. Current projects are only 30 minutes long. After it crashes I'll start it again. Sometimes I restart 4 or 5 times. Finally it completes the render. This is really aggravating. I really need some help.

My System:

Intel Core i7-8086K Processor 4GHz Overclocked to 5GHz

64GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro P2000 with 5MB on board RAM

All Solid State Drives

Windows 10 Pro v1903

Mike

Comments

john_dennis wrote on 6/8/2020, 8:37 PM

My last blue screen was caused by a failed memory DIMM that failed in one and only one location. It was random, too. I’d run a memory test with the overclock active. If it fails, I’d run memory test at default clock speeds.

Former user wrote on 6/8/2020, 8:41 PM

Also check for heat. Clean out the dust in the computer and make sure the fans are working.

michael-harrison wrote on 6/8/2020, 8:42 PM

"Overclocked to 5GHz"

Disable these settings and see if you've gone too far. Voltage just a bit low can easily cause this.

lenard-p wrote on 6/8/2020, 11:15 PM

Recently I can't seem to render anything. Renders crash into a Blue Screen that times out and reboots or the computer just locks up and I have to force a reboot. It crashes at different points in the video. Anywhere after a couple of minutes to almost completion. Source video is a MP4 rendered to a MP4.

Do you know if vegas is eating up all your memory? It has a memory leak problem with some videos. When rendering have your task manager on top checking system ram, see if it's steadily going up until crash. If that is happening, I have found my system can freeze up completely and unresponsive to keyboard/mouse but after 20-30 seconds it comes to life again, the vegas exe has terminated as well as all the memory it was using.

edit: Missed the bit about BSOD and reboot. Your computer is not stable

fifonik wrote on 6/8/2020, 11:25 PM

As per OP the BSOD is discussed here.

I believe it is not related to VP crashes and HW should be stress tested instead (CPU/MB/GPU temperatures, MemTest, FurMark).

I'd try to remove overclocking on the first place.

Camcorder: Panasonic X920

Desktop: MB: MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM, CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X (not OC), RAM: G'Skill 16 GB DDR4@3200 (not OC), Graphics card: MSI RX580 8GB (factory OC), SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ NVMe 500MB (OS), HDDs: Seagate & Toshiba 2TB, OS: Windows 10 Pro 1909

NLE: Vegas Pro [Edit] 11, 12, 13, 15, 17

MikeTe wrote on 6/9/2020, 9:52 AM

Good morning everyone. Turns out it was the overclocking that was causing the problem. I shut it down and the renders are completing. I guess my system doesn't handle overclocking very well. To bad too because the renders are taking a little longer now. I'll have to live with it. Thanks to all of you for your responses and tips. Do appreciate the help on this Forum.

michael-harrison wrote on 6/9/2020, 10:49 AM

Once you're past this deadline, dig back into your overclocking settings. You probably just need to tweak a few settings.

Start with Intel XTU and do a search on settings others have used with your CPU
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

You might also see some benefit from adding throttlestop to the mix

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/31385-the-throttlestop-guide/