Request: A small upgrade to the Bezier Masking Tool

Mohammed_Anis wrote on 1/13/2021, 9:30 PM

The ability to mask "On-Screen" with the VEGAS Bezier mask has been amazing for me. Like many have suggested, one thing that's missing is our ability to zoom in the subject in order to mask him out. Using Smart Zoom or Pan Crop tends to make it worse, since the mask does not stay on the originally assigned region.

I think what would be a nice middle ground if the preview engine upgrade isn't in this year's road map is the ability to "Zoom" inside the Bezier Masking tool.

See how "Smart Zoom" behaves with the Location attribute? Throw it in Bezier Masking so that we are able to zoom and navigate around the image/video without deterring the original location of the mask we started.

Comments

RogerS wrote on 1/13/2021, 10:03 PM

I totally agree the ability to zoom is important for precision work. That's true in bezier masking (and also with color correction in general).

I end up sitting way too close to the screen at times!

Mohammed_Anis wrote on 1/14/2021, 5:01 AM

I totally agree the ability to zoom is important for precision work. That's true in bezier masking (and also with color correction in general).

I end up sitting way too close to the screen at times!

I'm just thankful that I kept one of my old monitors lying around. I hate to see myself using this tool on a laptop