Sony Stabilise plugin

Jack S wrote on 8/28/2014, 4:40 AM
I use the SONY Stabilise Media FX plugin sometimes because it does a good job of smoothing out a jerky pan. However, after the plugin has been applied, there's no indication on the media event that it has a plugin applied. Usually the plugin icon on the media event turns green when a Video FX plugin is applied but with a Media FX plugin applied it doesn't. Consequently, I can't see from looking at my timeline which events have this plugin applied. Without actually selecting each event then selecting Media FX, does anyone know how to identify these events?

Comments

John222 wrote on 8/28/2014, 7:22 AM
Select the clip in question on the timeline and then right clip and select properties.

You could also put all the stabilized media on a different timeline.
Jack S wrote on 8/28/2014, 8:15 AM
Hi John, thanks for the response.
Option 1 :- This is what I wanted to avoid doing. If I have several events that have the plugin applied, on a timeline of maybe 100s, it can be tedious locating the specific events.
Option 2 :- I'll have to look into this and see whether it's possible to do. I suspect it isn't because of the way I transition between events.
As always, any suggestions are welcome.
One option I've only just thought of. I could place a marker on the timeline at each affected event. Just goes to show the power of discussion!
John222 wrote on 8/28/2014, 11:29 AM
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/Forums/ShowMessage.asp?Forum=4&MessageID=899700

About half way down the page is a pretty good work around. Sort and select stabilized slips in the project window and the right click and select timeline events..
Jack S wrote on 8/28/2014, 4:52 PM
Hi again John.
I'll have a play around with that then decide whether the deal is big enough to opt for that method.
I'm in agreement with the contributors about the lack of any indicator for Media FX but will have to accept the current situation. Maybe that'll be included in any enhancements for the next version.
Thanks again for your input.