Strange title problem

Pete A wrote on 11/3/2011, 9:48 AM
Hi all,
I have a problem with Vegas pro 11,0,425 64bit.
I have an opening title in my project, made with Newblue titler.
The project is saved, close Vegas, then on the next restart, the text clip is replaced with a clip from my project files.
I've tried this several times but, every time the project is reopened, the text clip has been substituted.
Has anyone else had this?
Also, rendering options do not include all of the Sony AVC presets that are present in 10e, is there any way to get these back, in particular, the internet 640 x 360 preset.

Thanks

Pete

Comments

jetdv wrote on 11/3/2011, 1:00 PM
So the title is replaced with entirely different media?

You are saving before shutting down Vegas?
Allegretto wrote on 11/3/2011, 1:02 PM
>> Also, rendering options do not include all of the Sony AVC presets that are present in 10e, is there any way to get these back, in particular, the internet 640 x 360 preset.

Run VP 10 and save off any presets you want by selecting it, changing its name (for example add a suffix like "- from VP10") and clicking the Save Template button.

You should now see them in VP11 -- but you may need to restart if it was running when you saved them off from VP10.
Pete A wrote on 11/3/2011, 2:32 PM
Yes, a completely unrelated clip, I've tried saving to the original .veg file and, saving as a new project with a different name, same result both ways.
Pete A wrote on 11/3/2011, 2:33 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Steve Mann wrote on 11/3/2011, 4:39 PM
Pete - this is a known problem, but it looks like there is no way that SCS can reproduce the problem to fix it. Looking over the forum posts for the past few months, there doesn't seem to be any commonality to the problem. It can't hurt to tell SCS Tech Support about it just to add pressure on them to find the problem.

How repeatable is this on your project?
Have you run CHKDSK to see if your hard-disk has any cross-linked clusters?