Vegas 13 not responding crashes

robinv wrote on 6/24/2014, 3:37 PM
Hi,
I'm starting to get very frustrated with Vegas 13. I'm cutting together a project - no effects, no panning or keying or anything - simply cutting a 40 minute tutorial down to 30 minutes, so i'm making lots of cuts, moving stuff around, two tracks of video and one of audio.

I'm having to save after every single edit because it will randomly freeze up and go "Not responding". There's no crash message or send/don't send option I have to force quit and try to pick up from where I left off. I get anywhere from 2 minutes to an hour between crashes.

Does anyone have any tips to how to minimise this issue or even remove it?

Comments

robinv wrote on 6/24/2014, 3:44 PM
Just to add after it's done it again after 2 minutes is that I don't have to be doing anything. This time the video preview simply froze, the audio kept going and my mouse became an eternal circle until I forced it to quit. Ho hum.
OldSmoke wrote on 6/24/2014, 3:45 PM
In order to provide you with some info, please provide us with your system info including driver for your graphic card, type of coded you are editing with and project settings.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

NormanPCN wrote on 6/24/2014, 4:02 PM
This time the video preview simply froze, the audio kept going

I had this once in a slideshow project. In my case it was GPU related. Turning GPU off in video prefs cleared it up.
robinv wrote on 6/25/2014, 9:21 AM
Norman - that's the fella! Turned GPU performance thingy off in the options and now I've been running for a couple of hours without a hitch. No noticeable change in performance either. Thanks for that - nice one :)

I thought I had filled in my system specs before I posted but they didn't seem to take.

Cheers
Robin
dlion wrote on 6/25/2014, 10:14 AM
yeah, sony thought they needed "GPU acceleration" to compete, so they added it, works for some, but it doesn't work right for most folks, who have to turn it off.