This seems to have occurred quite randomly. I went to render a project, and the rendered file was 0 bytes. I've tried software encoding and VCE hardware encoding in AVC/.mp4. It seems to actually render the entire project, showing the frame by frame progress in the preview window. Resource usage (CPU/GPU/RAM) is exactly as expected during rendering. But the result is (filename.mp4) and it's 0 bytes in size. It's an empty file.
I tried a few different projects with different source files (HEVC, AVC, different lengths, resolutions, and frame rates) and different levels of complexity (even just a plain unedited clip) - same thing.
- I reinstalled Vegas, that didn't fix it.
- I reinstalled my graphics software and drivers, that didn't fix it either.
- And finally, I reinstalled Windows 10 and both of the above. That also didn't fix it.
Any ideas why this might be happening? It was working fine before, and I don't think I changed anything.
- Intel i7-8700k (6C 12T)
- MSI Radeon VII (16GB HBM2)
- 32 GB (4x8GB) Kingston HyperX DDR4 @ 2666 MHz
- MSI MEG ACE Z390 Motherboard
- WD Black SN750 NVMe M.2 SSD (500GB)