Vegas Pro Edit 16 Opacity bug.

StGemma wrote on 11/6/2018, 11:18 PM

Hello,

I am editing a video in Vegas pro edit 16, build 307.

I duplicated the video, turned the opacity down, and the video in the video preview screen (top right) artifacted (maybe it is just my laptop)? Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not.

The images below show the before I put the opacity down, and the after of lowering the opacity down. As we can see, the preview screen artifacts with a black screen, covering half of the preview screen. This is just one example of the different artifacting I sometimes get. Any idea why? Thank you very much.

Before turning the opacity down:

After turning the opacity down:

Comments

OldSmoke wrote on 11/7/2018, 4:04 AM

Not sure what I am supposed to see in your picture. Which part is messed up?

Dexcon wrote on 11/7/2018, 4:12 AM

In the frame shot that you have posted, the opacity is at 100% (in your post, you do write that turning down the opacity occurred after duplication).

david-tu wrote on 11/7/2018, 3:40 PM

The second image post is a different named file.

StGemma wrote on 11/7/2018, 6:28 PM

Alright, I edited the original post, because I managed to get a different preview-video-screen artifact - a black-screen artifact this time - and posted the appropriate images so you all can see.

What do you all think the issue is that is causing the artifacting? Thank you.

j-v wrote on 11/7/2018, 11:34 PM

What do you do with the FX on the event of the upper track?
Opacity of the lower track cannot be of any influence for the preview, because untill the opacty of the upper track will be changed you can't see anything from the lower track.
The only thing we can see in the strange preview must be caused by the added FX.

OldSmoke wrote on 11/8/2018, 5:31 AM

The only thing we can see in the strange preview must be caused by the added FX.

I do see a “tearing” in the preview window and I suspect that is a GPU issue. Have you tried disabling GPU acceleration under preferences?

StGemma wrote on 11/8/2018, 2:06 PM

J-v, I only used Bezier Masking. However, I think the tearing occurred before applying that video effect, but I could be wrong - I do not remember.

OldSmoke, it is on. How does having this on/off affect the project?

OldSmoke wrote on 11/8/2018, 3:55 PM

J-v, I only used Bezier Masking. However, I think the tearing occurred before applying that video effect, but I could be wrong - I do not remember.

OldSmoke, it is on. How does having this on/off affect the project?

GPU acceleration is used to process FX applied to an event or track including masking and I believe even pan/crop, compositing and so on. As such, Inwould try switching GPU acceleration off and retest.

StGemma wrote on 11/8/2018, 8:56 PM

I see, thank you. Will having GPU acceleration off make the video preview play slower?

OldSmoke wrote on 11/9/2018, 5:45 AM

I see, thank you. Will having GPU acceleration off make the video preview play slower?

That depends on your system and it can always be reversed. For now, we want to find the root of the problem.