Error -1 indicates that the software may have network connection problems.
The first advice is to reset Internet Explorer to its default settings.
However, if resetting the Internet Explorer settings does not solve the problem, the following steps can also be applied:
- Open the Windows Control Panel and go to "Internet Options" > "Advanced" (if you do not see "Internet Options", change "View by" to "Small icons" in the upper right-hand corner).
- Check to make sure all the entries from TLS 1.0 through TLS 1.2 are checked off in the list. If they are not, check them off and click "Apply".
- In the Control Panel, go to "Administrative Tools".
- Open "Services" and locate the service called "Background Intelligent Transfer Service".
- Right-click it and select "Properties" in the context menu.
- Check to make sure "Startup type" is set to "Automatic".
If requested, Firewall or antivirus must allow the connection.If you still experience error -1, verify if Internet Explorer is set to "Offline mode".