To record audio using multiple inputs (multitrack recording), follow these steps:
- Start by getting your multi I/O device or sound card set up for multitrack recording.
- In VEGAS, go to "Insert" > "Audio Track" to add the number of audio tracks you want to record to at the same time.
- Click the record button in the header of the first audio track. You should now see a menu with available recording inputs. Select the input you want to use for this track.
- Repeat this step for each track you want to record to.
- Click the "Arm for Record" button in the header of each track.
- Click the record button in the Transport bar beneath the timeline.
- VEGAS will now start multitrack recording. When you are finished recording, press the stop button in the Transport bar to end multitrack recording.