MultiCam set up...

FoskeyMedia schrieb am 15.02.2016 um 08:22 Uhr
Am I missing something ?
I have 2 mointors...one for workflow and one for monitoing.
I have 3 video files/cameras
I want to set up so I can:
1) have 2 video tracks in the timeline (so I can do crop and pan on each track)
2) Show all three video windws in the Video Preview window (so I can edit and cut from cam to cam
3) View output in external monitor

I have Enable MultiCam editing and Shoe Full Frame in External Monitor enabled, bit that only gives me the current camera in the Video Preview. I don't want to create a multcamerai track because I want to work with croping and envelopes etc on individual tracks.

Is this even possible ?

Kommentare

FoskeyMedia schrieb am 15.02.2016 um 08:28 Uhr
OK.. I found one ay to do it is to go ahead and create a multicam track and expand the track layers. Is this the best way ?
OldSmoke schrieb am 15.02.2016 um 13:52 Uhr
My multicam workflow is always the same and there isnt anything you cant do on a multicam track that can be done otherwise.

Each cut in the multicam track great's virtual events and you can apply Pan/Crop and any FX you like to it. What isnt possible is track motion but if you have a section where you need that functionality, you can always render to a new a track or copy and past the scenes you need to the track above and apply track motion to it.

The most important part to know about multicam editing is that any effect you apply to the clip(s) before you make your multicam track will be lost but Media FXs remain intact.

My usual workflow is first to line up all clips on the timeline and get them in sync, then color match the cameras on media fx level and finally create the multicam track.

Also note that showing full frame on external monitor is extremly compute intensive and you will really good hardware to get full fps.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

FoskeyMedia schrieb am 20.02.2016 um 22:39 Uhr
THanks Smike for the reminder. I found my set up.. it was just as you said.. I'd just been away for a bit and forgot it.

And you're right...the FPS is dragging and video is stuttering. Normally this might be more of an annoyance than anything else, buit I'm editing danve/music peices, so so,etimes I need precision sync. Any hints or tips to getting better performance. responce time. Hardware upgrade right now is not an option.
OldSmoke schrieb am 20.02.2016 um 23:09 Uhr
Well, full frame on external monitor is no go; takes too much resources. Depending on your source(s), transcode all material to same codec and use proxies 1/4 size of the orginal source material. With 2-4 tracks, the preview is a quarter in size anyways.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)