Vegas Crashing

FoskeyMedia schrieb am 05.03.2018 um 08:15 Uhr

I just did a new install of Vegas on a fresh install of Windows 10 Home with 16 gb ram. Everytime I open Vegas now it crashes (I installed a few days ago. It was fine for about 4 days then... BAMMM... not it wontt stay open long enough for me to do anything)

Extra Information
   File:                C:\Users\efosk\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\13.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\efosk\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\13.0\svfx_video_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\efosk\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\13.0\ocio_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\efosk\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\13.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\efosk\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\13.0\gpu_video_x64.log
   File:                K:\FOSKEYMEDIA\Archive\Clients\Lynn Huett\#macysmission\#macysmission.veg

Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 545) 64-bit

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 13.0\vegas130.exe
   Process Version:     Version 13.0 (Build 545) 64-bit
   Process Description: VEGAS Pro
   Process Image Date:  2016-08-30 (Tue Aug 30) 14:29:46

Kommentare

NickHope schrieb am 05.03.2018 um 08:23 Uhr

You could try the Sony-branded build 453, which is effectively the same. If you don't have the installer, there is a link to it in section 6 of this post. However I haven't heard before that this is a solution in a case like this.

You might consider doing a clean uninstall, as described in section 19 of this post. If that doesn't help then you can troubleshoot crashing by running through the rest of that post.

FoskeyMedia schrieb am 05.03.2018 um 08:28 Uhr

Thanks Nick,
As you 'say' that I now remember this has been a long-running problem every time I reinstall Vegas (and I don't do it often enough to remember). Once I turn off the GPU acceleration it usually works fine. Too tired to try it tonight, but first thing in the AM.

THANKS FOR THE REMINDER!!!

FoskeyMedia schrieb am 05.03.2018 um 20:34 Uhr

OK,
I uninstalled and went back and installed v453 and it works fine. I believe that's what I had before....but I think I used the 'new' Magix file which gave me issues. Anyway.... so far so good.

THANKS!