3rd Party Audio plugins

Shane-Watkins wrote on 8/4/2020, 9:40 AM

Issue: 3rd party audio plugins like Waves will load into Vegas perfectly. The issue actually starts when using a 3rd party plugin. When a 3rd party plugin window is open, audio will stutter, stop and pop, almost sounding like a buffering issue or computer-memory/CPU/RAM issue of some sort. However, a 3rd party audio plugin WILL work when you close the 3rd party audio window. unfortunately,  you need the window open to make adjustments while the audio plays along. Over the past 4 days I've done a ton of research trying to remedy the problem. With the info I've gathered, it looks like this has been going on since 2016, maybe even earlier. I use Waves plugins, but it appears other 3rd party plugins have this issue as well. Any advice/help is most appreciated. Thank you for your time, Shane

Comments

rraud wrote on 8/4/2020, 9:57 AM

Try another device driver. Reports indicate AISO drivers are known the cause preview issues with some plug-ins and PCs Some plug-ins can also be twitchy on a bus but are ok on a track or event

Shane-Watkins wrote on 8/4/2020, 4:48 PM

Thank you. Switching the driver actually helped a bit. I can run one plugin at a time on a track now, which I couldn't before, so it's a step in the right direction...I think.

LanceMGY wrote on 8/10/2020, 9:02 PM

What you describe is the well-known VST issue that's been in Vegas since it went 64bit. Has nothing to do with ASIO drivers or anything else--any VST plugin is susceptible to the issue you describe. Using the plugin at the track or event levels seems to help, but this still isn't 100%. Using a VST plugin at the bus or master level does exactly what you describe. The more you move your mouse, adjust anything in the GUI, it'll glitch and stutter heavily. If you want to use your Waves plugins, you'll need to use them in another app besides Vegas. Or, you might try Vegas 10e 32bit as it's the last version in which VSTs work correctly.

Shane-Watkins wrote on 8/11/2020, 8:41 AM

I had a feeling...what a drag. Thanks for the reply! Well, onward and upward.