5.0b stop record then zoom in resulting in crash...sometimes.

TubeLover wrote on 8/3/2004, 9:10 AM
I find that every once in a while...(at least once a day) while recording a project when i stop then zoom in.. it causes a crash and autosave almost never saves any of the new work. Let me give an example..

I was recording a vocalist over a 37 audio track project . We where recording the main vocal track and he had gotten to about 1/4 into the first song when he fell off key. I hit spacebar to pull up the selection menu for whether to keep the tracks or not. I select yes then done. Then as I zoom in to clip the wave at the starting point of where i'd like vegas to record, it freezes.Usually crashes like that result in the input monitoring turning off and the singer walking out of the booth.But oddly the monitoring stays on until you click on the screen to get a not responding and an end now window. Then when vegas reopened it lost all the vox we did on that song. I found that autosave isn't much to depend on. Anyone else experiencing this one?
Thanks

Comments

PipelineAudio wrote on 8/3/2004, 9:37 AM
This happens to me during editing
TubeLover wrote on 8/3/2004, 6:05 PM
Really? I find that when I'm not actually recording 5.0b runs pretty flawless, aside from the ocassional ugly pop sound when I press play after moving the cursor. What editing tools cause you to crash? Or what editing steps? And have you ever had it happen like I explained? Thanks for responding.
PipelineAudio wrote on 8/3/2004, 6:36 PM
hitting play then zooming in and out
TubeLover wrote on 8/4/2004, 4:23 PM
That is lame huh.I just checked and mine does it then too. Hopefully they read this entry and do something about it. Have you heard any word about another update??