5-8 Second Freeze - Switch Bwtn DVDA / Help

Mikee wrote on 12/11/2006, 7:01 PM
I'm fairly new to DVDA so I'm checking the help file quite a bit. When I attempt to switch back to DVDA from the DVDA help (or nearly every other app, a good 85% of the time), the switch requires 5-8 seconds during which the DVDA GUI is non-responsive...doesn't even paint the screen. A split second before it returns to life, I see something in the title bar change quickly (like maybe "loading" a project?)

---

There should be no CPU / memory bottlenecks. I'm using a Core2 6600, 2GB RAM, using the sample Flight.dar project. CPU is near zero during time of switch. Disk access is negligible during the switch.

---

Regmon (www.sysinternals.com) reports DVDA trying to access keys in the registry that do not exist:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Scrunch
HKLM\Software\Sony Media Software\Cinescore Plug-In\1.0

A good second or two is spent by DVDA examining at WMSDK and Cinescore keys.

29.46158791 dvdarch40.exe:3708 CloseKey HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\General SUCCESS
29.54671478 dvdarch40.exe:3708 OpenKey HKLM\Software\Sony Media Software\Cinescore Plug-In\1.0 NOT FOUND
30.40906334 dvdarch40.exe:3708 CreateKey HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK SUCCESS Access: 0x20019

----

Any thoughts? I suppose I should try installing WMSDK and Cinescore (since they are not installed). And then maybe contact tech support.

Comments

ScottW wrote on 12/12/2006, 11:45 AM
The other thing that's likely happening is DVDA is bringing your media back online. There's an option in the preferences that defaults to taking your media offline when DVDA loses focus. This allows you to change the media without having to exit DVDA, then when focus is regained, DVDA goes out and re-opens all the media files.

Try turning the option off and see if that helps.

--Scott
Mikee wrote on 12/12/2006, 4:16 PM
Thanks Scott! That did the trick. Seems like that option would be off by default. No matter!