A Graph Paper Effect

Skywatcher wrote on 5/8/2004, 11:10 PM
Hey Guys,

This is what I'm trying to do. You've all seen drafting paper with the graph lines intersecting on it right?? Well, I want those lines as a transparency over a digital background. Kinda like a "tech" look...yall feelin me??

I tried going to the media generator and adjusting the transparent "checker Boards" to thin the lines but it just didn't get the intersecting lines fine enough.

How can I accomplish this??

Comments

Grazie wrote on 5/8/2004, 11:16 PM
Ho! Loads of ways to do this one. The clue here is your need to have the "white" areas transparent . . I'd initially go for chroma keying OOUT the whit to create that transparent background. Gotta a scanner? Scan in some graph paper DIRECTLY into Vegas. Stick this on the t/l and use the Chroma keying FX and zap out the white - voila! If you've got a graphics package you got do the picky bit there . . there will be other ways - No scanner? Use yer cammie! HAH!

I'm gonna have a go with my idea right now!

Seeyah!

Grazie
Grazie wrote on 5/8/2004, 11:26 PM
SK! Give me your Email I'll send you example and the Veggie - yeah? Just done a neat looking thingy for you! . .

Grazie
Skywatcher wrote on 5/8/2004, 11:45 PM
skywatcher2001@verizon.net
Grazie wrote on 5/8/2004, 11:47 PM
. . doing now . .

You enter your own media - yeah?

Grazie
Skywatcher wrote on 5/8/2004, 11:48 PM
yep. That is a brilliant idea...never would have thought of that. Yes I do have a scanner.

Thanks a million...I mean a BILLION!
Grazie wrote on 5/8/2004, 11:54 PM
. . gone! - G
Skywatcher wrote on 5/9/2004, 12:00 AM
Hey G?

How in the world did you do that?? I got it, thanks!!!

You are a mad man...go get some sleep!

Skywatcher
Grazie wrote on 5/9/2004, 12:19 AM
Sleep! - It's 8:00am GMT - London UK here . .just about gonna git my first cuppa coffee for the day . . . I stgarted on VideoFactory .. lots of bubbling about with Chienworks, Spot, p_l and others . . we had a lot of fun 2 - 3 years back .. just have that "ooo what happens when I do this?" type of approach . . . neat place this forum hah?

.. oh yeah take your email OUT of your post . . lotsa silly peoiple out there - yeah?

Grazie
Chienworks wrote on 5/9/2004, 6:58 AM
Grazie: you gonna zip that up and share it with all us VegasUsers? ;)
Grazie wrote on 5/9/2004, 7:17 AM
It's a very simple litle thing . .nothing to get . . tooo excited about . .okay dokey on its way to yah!

Grazie
marina wrote on 5/10/2004, 4:39 AM
Any chance you could winzip the effect to me too?

M.