adding image with small issue redo

tas9195 wrote on 6/9/2008, 3:13 PM
I have a image I want to inject into the timeline to have text over it. It is for a wedding vid and when I do it shows bars on either side. The pic isn't like that when you open just the pic itself why does vegas do this. I didn't do this with other pics I tried but I like this and want to use it. can you help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to add a pic to show you what it looks like, is there a way I can do that in this forum

Comments

rs170a wrote on 6/9/2008, 3:50 PM
Click on the Pan/Crop icon on the picture event, right-click in the window that comes up and select "Match Output Aspect".
That should do it for you.

edit: this will only work if the image is in Landscape mode (wider than it is tall).
If, as I suspect, it's in Portrait mode (taller than it is wide), you'll have to make a cropping decision or place something on a new track under the image to cover up the black bars.

Mike
Chienworks wrote on 6/9/2008, 5:37 PM
Well, it will work with a portrait aspect image. It's just that you'll end up seeing a surprisingly small area of the picture.
tas9195 wrote on 6/10/2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks guys I will try that and see if that works, but I am still curious if I can insert and image like doing a screen print so I can show you what I am talking about in the future.
rs170a wrote on 6/10/2008, 5:47 PM
Tim, the sticky at the top of the main forum page tells you how to insert links, images and videos.

Mike
tas9195 wrote on 6/10/2008, 6:33 PM
Ok, sorry about that Mike, thanks for the info