Altering a Render

Richard Jones wrote on 6/30/2013, 5:27 AM
I have a feeling I may already have seen this covered in the forum but I'm blessed if I can find it.

I rendered a project (to mpeg2 and AC3 in SD) and then burnt to a DVD in DVDA but now find that I need to make about three quite small alterations to the finished product. Is there a way to just change the already rendered project so making the new render that much quicker (as it won't have to re-render the already rendered part) or will I have to re-render the complete project from the start again from the timeline in Vegas?

Richard

Comments

Arthur.S wrote on 6/30/2013, 5:52 AM
Open your project in Vegas, drop your rendered file on a track above. I usually just drop the video, not the audio on) Cut out where you want to make your changes, then make your changes. Re-render using EXACTLY the same template, and it should wizz through showing a "No Compression" message in the preview window, except where you've made your changes. If you want to render to the same location/folder, you'll need to change the name. Or render to a different location with the same name, then copy/paste it to replace the old file.

You need "enable long-gop no recompression" ticked in prefs.
Richard Jones wrote on 7/2/2013, 5:01 AM
Thank you, Arthur. That did the trick and saved me a lot of time.

Richard
Arthur.S wrote on 7/2/2013, 2:09 PM
You're welcome :-)