"An error had occurred during communication." from Magix Installation

OldGuy8 wrote on 10/11/2020, 2:41 AM

While trying to re-install DVD Architect (file version 1.3.40.36) I got the message above when I ran the installation program (which I had just successfully downloaded). I don't have a connection problem per se, but something in "Settings" is screwing things up and I am wondering if anyone else might know what it could be. I have two Dell computers on a home network, the newest is where I want to install DVD Architect. It is also a computer which I bought with Win10 already installed. The other computer I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 myself. I have previously noticed that they behave slightly differently in spite of both now being Win10, so I moved the installation program to the old Win7 computer and tried running it there and it did not cause the error message, and it appeared willing to go ahead with the installation. I did not install there as the rest of my Vegas software is on the newer computer. Does anyone have any suggestions on what setting on my "new" computer might be different than on my "old" computer? I've tried looking through the various internet settings but all the basic ones seem to be the same; the "advanced" settings start getting into areas I've never been before.

Comments

john-baker wrote on 10/15/2020, 4:39 AM

@OldGuy8

Hi

Windows 10 vanilla installation as on the new computer disables some of the older transport protocols used to connect to the Internet, try enabling them as shown in the images below

HTH

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP Pro Premium, Video Pro X4, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015, DVD Architect 7 build 100..

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

OldGuy8 wrote on 10/15/2020, 1:25 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for your suggestion. Some of the boxes you highlighted were not selected on my new computer, so I made the changes and tried again, still no luck. Since the two computers are in different rooms it was a chore to go back and forth comparing screens as I scrolled through all the options, so I used my phone to record a movie of me scrolling through all the internet settings on the old computer, then sat at my new computer and changed any setting that didn't match the old one. Some settings indicated they would not change until a restart, so I did that, then restarted Movie Studio, followed the path to send my movie to DVD Architect, and wonder of wonders, the authentication process FINALLY SUCCEEDED! YAY! It has "only" been 10 days of daily struggle and frustration . . . anyway, thanks for the suggestion to basically keep plugging away at the internet options. Unfortunately, I did not record the settings which I changed (stupid) so now I don't know which one(s) made the difference, but at least I can get back to my movie making now. Thanks for posting.

john-baker wrote on 10/16/2020, 1:47 PM

@OldGuy8

Hi

Pleased to hear you are sorted.

Happy editing

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP Pro Premium, Video Pro X4, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015, DVD Architect 7 build 100..

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.