Comments

VideoFreq wrote on 11/28/2015, 4:06 PM
I am in the same thought pattern and am not convinced yet. I like the AEF import feature would personally like to have the new Loudness tool as well Nectar Elements. I was thinking of trying Hit Film, by getting the Suite upgrade, but comments about its 3D rendering as being cartoonish make me wonder if its worth it. I was looking at the SVP13 Suite but I already have NB Essentials 6, Production Assistant 2 & DVDA6. And, why would I need Sonic Foundy12?
VideoFreq wrote on 11/28/2015, 4:25 PM
Thought about it. I am going to get v13. The most compelling reason to me is that if SCS is going to maintain Vegas Pro given its forward demise, it'll probably be v13. Time will tell. For what I do, it'll be fine.
wwaag wrote on 11/28/2015, 7:26 PM
The main reason, for me at least--stability. I still get the occasional crash, but on the whole, stability improved dramatically. The loudness tool is pretty neat. You can get 3rd party VST plug-ins as freeware, but you have to "play" a selection to generate the log. In Vegas, just make a selection, and Vegas generates the log computationally. It's a real time-saver. Another useful thing is that the veg files are backward compatible with V12. I found a few scripts that did not want to work in V13, so I opened the project in V12 and executed the scripts without any problem. Then re-open the project in V13 and continue editing. V13 also provides better support some of the newer camaeras and formats. E.g., the last release (v4.53) provided significant improvements for preview of GoPro footage. Best thing to do is simply download a copy and try it for a month. Then decide for yourself.

wwaag

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.

Laurence wrote on 11/28/2015, 8:28 PM
I had a terrible time stability wise with V11 and V12. V13 has been really good. I didn't see a heck of a lot of difference in features, but I was happy to pay again for a program that didn't crash.