Comments

bjtap wrote on 8/11/2004, 6:06 PM
epirb,
Being a former Southern Floirda resident, I understand what you guys face out there. Best of luck and after the storm is over come back and let us know how things went.
(Living in Arizona now and being a person who has no TV and does not listen to the news, I had no idea there was a hurricane going on now.)
Barry
p@mast3rs wrote on 8/11/2004, 7:07 PM
Be safe my friend. And that goes out to others who live in Florida (Jay) and those that have family here as well. The Keys look like they are gonna get hit hard (almost took a teaching job therethis summer). I have seen some forecasts that say it will hit Tampa (used to live in St Pete up til May this year) and then has the Hurricane smacking Central Florida (Orlando) and exiting at Daytona Beach.

Something tells me a hurricane was in my cards for this year.

Be safe and may God lift us up and bring us through it unscathed.
busterkeaton wrote on 8/11/2004, 7:40 PM
My house got hit by lightening today. You may want to unplug your stuff.

My surge protectors worked, but my girlfriend's laptop wasn't plugged into one, it was ok, but was a bit scary for a second.

randy-stewart wrote on 8/11/2004, 10:57 PM
Whoa! Guess I'd better call Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister, and Brother to see what's up at home in Orlando. Wait...Mom and Dad are at the cabin in North Carolina. No worries. :-)
Randy
(just kidding, I'll give them a call...at 0500 and claim time zone ignorance, ha!)
cervama wrote on 8/12/2004, 8:32 AM
Take care my friend and rest on the Rock(Jesus). God bless you and keep you from harm.
epirb wrote on 8/12/2004, 3:25 PM
Did manage to find a generator, Looks like we might get a direct hit.
Got until tomorrow afternoon/eve when the $$$$ hits the fan.
THANK YOU ALL for your thoughts and prayers. I'm about 3 miles from the coast of the Gulf. Just getting the house ready and my friend and family will be coming to stay with us, they live on one of the barrier Islands that are being evacuated.
Wish us luck, and thanks all for the kind word's
Eric Stammer
winrockpost wrote on 8/12/2004, 3:35 PM
Yeah i need some storm footage. I prefer 35 mm crane shots , will settle for HD.
I cant shoot them myself ,will be frantically driving north.

Wish the best to you and your family,, stay safe
MJhig wrote on 8/12/2004, 4:45 PM
I'm with you epirb, I'm in Pasco Co. FL, looks like I'm going to get a direct hit according to the latest model (8:00 PM Thursday). I've been here since 1977 and rode through several but this looks like the big one. I have to admit I'm a little more than worried. They're predicting 120 MPH sustained wind + gusts.

I hope I'm able to post an update ;-)

MJ

p@mast3rs wrote on 8/13/2004, 10:26 AM
Its on its way up the coast. May God bless those in Charley's path. May everyone make it through safely.
DavidMcKnight wrote on 8/13/2004, 11:24 AM
What a 1 - 2 punch for the state of Florida. I live about 20 miles from the Texas Gulf coast, so I know what you're getting. Good luck and God bless.

- David
Spot|DSE wrote on 8/13/2004, 11:44 AM
We're rooting for you, Eric, and everyone else that's in the path. I guess paradise comes with a price...glad these weather hits don't come up too often! Looking to hear from you after it's passed and you're all safe and sound.
Fleshpainter wrote on 8/13/2004, 12:35 PM
Looks like I'm next in line. (Orlando) Friday 4pm... Disney shut their gates and threw everyone out. Cinderellas palace looks funny with all thoe boards on the windows. At least it's a "warm storm." I left Buffalo NY after an 84 hour Blizzard. 60+ mph winds- 7 feet of snow- and 35 below zero. Now I'm worried about the AC going off.
p@mast3rs wrote on 8/13/2004, 12:42 PM
Im right here with you in orlando. It looks like we are going to get harder than they expected especially with the tornadoes that will be spawn off from the storm. The first squall of rain looked pretty ominous and its only gonna get worse. Good chane that this turns into a Category 5 (156+ MPH, currently 145+ MPH). There has only been two Category 5s ever and Cat 5s are devastating.
p@mast3rs wrote on 8/13/2004, 3:06 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2004-08/13810708.jpg

This is 5 minutes east of me. Orlando is getting hit hard with the outter bands right now.

Here is downtown orlando: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2004-08/13810534.jpg
Fleshpainter wrote on 8/13/2004, 3:37 PM
Now I know where you live.
johnmeyer wrote on 8/13/2004, 6:11 PM
That's real ugly looking. Good luck!!
epirb wrote on 8/14/2004, 5:55 AM
I lucked out! a Last minute jog to the east before it got up to the Tampa area and we basicly just got bad wind and rain. Unfortunatly the people south of me by just about 30 miles got hit reall bad. Cat 4 storm winds 140 mph
My thoughts and payers are with them.
Many people died and there are many more unaccounted for.
Bad Scene, my girlfriends sister has a house on Sanibel Island, 150 houses were swept away.Fortunately she wasnt there, they wont be able to get one the island probably for a few days.
How did you guys in Orlando fair? It came right up at you guys!
I saw lotsa of damage up that way too,
I hope you and yours are all safe today.

Bad news is there is another T.D. heading down the same path.....Yukk!
We on the west coast of FL have skated for many years, we new it was just a matter of time.
Thanks again to all for your thoughts for us Veg heads in FL.
You guys on the east coast Heads up!

LOCAL PICS
epirb wrote on 9/1/2004, 2:48 PM
BIGGER BADDER Francis, Jay Gladwell are you prepared?
P Masters, Flesh, hold on to what you got left!!
p@mast3rs wrote on 9/1/2004, 4:55 PM
actually, no. we lost everything in the last one and have to live out of a hotel for the time being. We are no way prepared for another one thats supposed to dwarf the previous one. Wherever it does hit land, it will destroy many.

I pray that everyone in this Cane's path makes it through safely and with minimal damage. My wife cried tonight when I told her that the storm's path is headed right through Orlando again.

I am praying it just makes a turn north and misses everyone altogether.
goshep wrote on 9/1/2004, 5:12 PM
Sending you some Anti-Hurricane Hoo-Doo from California. Hang in there you guys!

Fleshpainter wrote on 9/2/2004, 1:47 AM
I'm seeing lots of panic buying. Reminds me of the blizzards in Buffalo NY, only warmer. PM, didn't realize you were still out.
Grazie wrote on 9/2/2004, 2:14 AM
Nothing of what I'm doing seems even relevant now!

I send my best wishes and hopes for a safe conclusion to this present bout of mayhem being reeked over there . . . The UK is so tiny compared to the impact that this force of nature is having on your State . . . I can't DIDN'T really appreciate the size and force of what you must be going through. I can't imagine what would happen to our tiny Island home if this acme this side . . . . I shudder to think . . . .

Sending good vibes from London UK . ... .

Graham "Grazie" Bernard
p@mast3rs wrote on 9/3/2004, 10:18 AM
shouldnt be too much longer and 80%+ of Florida will get hit with this Cane.

Stay safe Jay and all who are in this path. May God bless and spare us all.
Skywatcher wrote on 9/3/2004, 4:05 PM
I've been watching this storm all day from Southern California via internet. It has consumed my whole day. Gotta give my employer back a few bucks for wasting his time but, I tell you it must be nerve wrecking to watch this thing approach at 9 mph...

Lord, bless them in every way,

Skywatcher