Applying all audio cuts to video

mnahit wrote on 10/4/2022, 8:30 AM

While working on a sony vegas project, I ungrouped a clip's video from audio, edited the audio. As the video was in a track group and collapsed, i couldn't notice that the edits i made werent applied to the video. Now, i wonder, would it be possible to write a script that acquires all the cuts i made on the audio and apply them to the video. So that, i won't have to begin the project from scratch... Any support would be highly valuable...

And no, i have never written a vegas script yet.

Comments

jetdv wrote on 10/4/2022, 11:21 AM

Yes, that would be possible. You would need to find the start or end point of each audio event, compare the associated video event, and, if the two don't match, split the video event at that point. There are many tutorials on my website but several would need to be joined together in order to make this final product. The complexity would also be determined by how many tracks you have, does it have to match up all video with associated audio or just cut all video where an audio is cut, how robust and flexible you want it to be. Without know how many tracks you have in the project and exactly what needs to be cut, it's hard to give you a complete answer but the bottom line is that, yes it can be done.

Depending on your situation, it may be easier to just delete the video events and then use an already made tool, such as "Restore Missing A/V" in Excalibur or some other script, to add all of the video events back again.

I can do a custom script for a tutorial with more information but here's some starting information.