Architect 7.0 crash : no space left on device

Christian-NOEL wrote on 9/8/2023, 7:54 AM

Trying to render a big Bluray : 2 main files (20GB each, format : mp4 XDCAM EX 1920x1080 50i 35mps coming from Vegas 19 audio in PCM 48Khz 16 bits) with 8 pages of menus.

After hours of compilation architect crashes with the message : no space left on device.

Question which device is it ?

Which format could I use for my input files to have no recompilation done by architect ?

Thank you for your help

Windows 10, Disk C : SSD 60GB free Disk E (where are my files : 680GB free)

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 9/8/2023, 8:24 AM

A single layer BD Disk has a maximum capacity of 25 GB but actual useable is less - maybe 23 GB or so in my experience. Therefore, the ISO file created by DVDA needs to be less than the maximum. When you create a DVDA project, there is a warning if the project is close to, or exceeds, the disc size: orange for getting close and red for exceeding.

... which device is it?

Very likely the BD disc via the BD burner.

Which format could I use for my input files to have no recompilation done by architect ?

In DVDA 6.0, the ideal render format from Vegas Pro for DVDA is .avc. But then the .avc render needs to be less than the BD GB useable size taking into account the extra MBs taken up by the audio track and menus - the latter usually being quite small if they don't involve video. When the combination of video/audio/menus is within BD size, the .avc render shouldn't need DVDA compression though the audio track may need to be recompresed

Last changed by Dexcon on 9/8/2023, 8:34 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

EricLNZ wrote on 9/8/2023, 6:30 PM

From memory DVDA needs 2 or maybe 3 times the disc size on your device hard drive to have room to create the iso image. The message 'no space left on device' suggest to me you don't have enough room on your hard drive for what DVDA needs.

The reason being DVDA goes through several stages. It takes your original files and uses them to create m2ts files, then uses them to incorporate in the iso file. So several copies exist at the same time. The intermediate files get deleted once the iso is created. At least that's my understanding but I'm always open to correction.