ASIO Firepod not recognized in CD Architect

Cheye wrote on 11/24/2008, 7:19 PM
Hello

I'm wondering why CD architect can only see Sound Mapper and some other audio device and not my ASIO Firepod device? Also, I can't access any vst plugins or UAD-1 plugs. Is this normal behavior for CD Architect? How can I use my ASIO sound card device? Any input would be great.

Thanks

cheye

Comments

Geoff_Wood wrote on 11/25/2008, 3:09 PM
CDA does not need (or recognise) ASIO drivers. Install the straight Windows drivers for your soundcard !

geoff
LyricsGirl wrote on 2/13/2009, 2:14 AM
WHY does CD Arxchitect NOT recognise ASIO drivers?? I use Acid, Sound Forge, Vegas to compose/ record etc. When I collect the finalised tracks to burn into CD architect I cant hear the final album..I have to burn a cd or link the audio system to the video system just so i can hear the final output prior to burning. Does not make sense!!

Geoff_Wood wrote on 2/13/2009, 8:49 PM
Sorry, but It does make sense.

ASIO drivers are specifically for very low latency and monitoring which is only necessary for cue-monitoring in a multi-track recording scenario. They are of * no benefit whatsoever* in an application like CD Architect.

Most soundcards will install a standard Windows driver in addition to an ASIO driver by default. You select this driver, or even Windows Sound Mapper in Options | Preferences | Preview.

If the standard Windows drivers are not installed for any reason, then you cannot use your soundcard as a standard Windows sound device !

But I suppose if they are supported in SF ( for which they are equally of zero benefit) there is no reason not to add the capability to CDA at some stage. But there are far more useful things they could add.

geoff
LyricsGirl wrote on 2/16/2009, 5:31 AM
Hmm put that way, then yes I agree with you. Thank you.
Sadly my audio system only uses the digirack002.. it has no soundcard in it so ill just whack in a soundblaster card i have.

Thanks!
Geoff_Wood wrote on 2/16/2009, 11:53 AM
Just had a look for Digi002 drivers, and it looks like you are indeed stuck with ASIO only - another victim of Digidesign's restrictive business model...

Maybe somebody will do a hack sometime, but it's probably not worth the effort. If I was in your situation, I'd pick up a used M-Audio Transit USB (or something similar) and channel my CDA ouptut thru that, though not entirely convenient, though it would be worth the effort for me.....

Sadly development of CDA seems grudging and slow, and considering that the Digi case is posssibly unique I would not hold my breath.

geoff
LyricsGirl wrote on 2/19/2009, 6:26 PM
Yes I think you are right on about AVID (Digidesign)...

However, I've been that frustrated about the situation Ive been messing around.

I now have a work around of sorts may be useful to other folk like me...

As\CD Architect does NOT recognise ASIO then theoretically you should bve able to open any other audio software and run ASIO from there...

So now I just pop a track into CD Architect....select it then open it (or a copy if im sure ill need to tweak it a bit, into Sound Forge. Then play from there. also saves time as if iu need to tweak the track I am already there. Make changes save it and revert back to CD architect.

Voila!!

Now, why couldn't I have dome that years ealier when i set it all up???

Geoff, MANY THANKS!!!!!!!

Angela
walkacrossfire wrote on 8/7/2009, 12:04 PM
so basically, if you're using protools, you need a whole other sound card and speakers to listen to what's going on in CD architect?????
Geoff_Wood wrote on 8/7/2009, 5:05 PM
What interface ? I thought Digi hardware/driverf is specifically designed to prevent other applications from using it ?

If another soundcard is so lame that it does not provide standard Windows drivers, the yes, you are correct.

However almost all soundcards/interfaces do supply standard Windows drivers - ASIO is 'extra'.

Yes, to implement ASIO driver support for CDA would be great for compatibily with inadequately supported devices, though it would offer absolutely no other benefit to the type of ap[plication that CDA is.

geoff
RickM wrote on 8/15/2009, 10:00 AM
Digdesign does offer a Windows wave driver for Windows XP that allows playing back CDA through Digidesign interfaces. It is discussed in the following link on the Digidesign website:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=54&langid=100&itemid=23879.

Works fine with my Digi002R and Windows XP.
xzb6np wrote on 10/3/2009, 3:54 PM
I am using a Tascam US-144 usb interface and CD Architect 5.2d is working with my ASIO driver with no problem. You have to click the button next to the master effect chain button and you can select the driver you want to use. It lets me select my internal audio card or my Tascam.

Also in the options/preferences menu in the preview tab I had to select window classic wave driver in the audio type dropdown which let me select my tascam as the default audio device.