ASUS DRW-24D5MT Burning problems

PJH wrote on 4/1/2016, 4:06 AM
I've just installed a new CD/DVD writer and am having huge issues when burning cdrs.

CD Architect firstly won't let me burn at anything slower that 16X but when burning at 16X the burning process actually takes about two hours.

As the burn process continues the time remaining just climbs and climbs.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Peter.

Comments

FTech wrote on 9/6/2017, 5:10 PM

Hi PJH,

I was searching for answers on this forum for CD burning issues. I came across your post and you have the exact same issue I'm experiencing.

On my 18 track project using 48x Verbatim CD-R, the burning time increases to 500 minutes! Just climbs and climbs. One would think it's your burner wearing out. Well, I can burn CD's flawlessly using ImgBurn and Nero 8.

I have a ASUS DRW-24B1ST burner. CD Architect used to work like a charm years ago on my Windows 7 64-bit machine. I'm surprised I didn't find a LONG thread about CD Architect issues. Looks like people don't burn CD's anymore and that's why you don't hear about some issues with the software.

You mentioned you installed a new burner. Did the old burner work?

FTech

Last changed by FTech on 9/6/2017, 5:43 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-930 @ 2.8Ghz (non-overclocked) OS: Windows 7 64-bit RAM: 12 GB DDR3 Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G (driver v384.94) Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z (driver Jun 24, 2016) Storage: 2 x Seagate Baracuda 1TB (System Managed Swap File) Mobo: Rampage III Extreme (bios 1502) PSU: Corsair HX 850 watts DVD Burner: Asus DRW-24B1ST (firmware 1.03) Case: Coolmaster HAF922