Atom Metadata - .mp4 streaming help please

goodtimej wrote on 1/28/2010, 12:29 AM
So I have this problem.

I render out .mp4 files for clients with the standard main concept .mp4 profile in vegas. These do not stream coming out of Vegas natively from what I have found. The file must first fully load, and then it will play when loaded into a player. If I am missing why this is, please help me. I am guessing I am missing something in my export but maybe not.

Up until now I have been able to use QTIndexSwapper to fix this problem. From what I gather, this swaps something called Atom Metadata from the end of the .mp4 file (where Vegas supposedly puts it) to the front of the .mp4 file which is what allows the file to "stream" and be buffered. This worked great for a while. For whatever reason, it does not now work. The program no longer recognizes it as a QT file. This seems to be a known issue on their website. I am definitely not looking for support on this program on this forum, though.

I guess I am just wondering, am I going about this a convoluted way? Is there another way to fix the streaming .mp4 problem? Does Vegas really not have the ability to export .mp4 files that will stream? Please help and thanks ahead of time!

Comments

Cliff Etzel wrote on 1/28/2010, 8:42 AM
Render to SONY AVC mp4 file format and all is good.

Cliff Etzel
Videographer : Producer : Web Designer
bluprojekt
--------
Desktop: OS: Win7 x64 | CPU: Q6600 | Mobo: Intel DG33TL | 8GB G.Skill Dual Channel RAM | Boot/Apps Drive: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM | Audio Drive: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM | Video: WD Black 2x750GB (1.5TB) Raid 0 | Render Drive: WD Black 640GB 7200RPM | Vid Card: nVidia GeForce GT 220 1GB

Laptop: Dell Latitude D620 | C2D 2.0Ghz | 4GB G.Skill RAM | OS: Win7 x64 | Primary HD: WD 320GB 7200RPM | Video HD: WD 250GB 7200RPM
goodtimej wrote on 1/28/2010, 11:39 PM
Trying now, thanks much
goodtimej wrote on 1/29/2010, 11:32 PM
OK, so I gave it a try and the SONY AVC mp4 file did not do the trick. The AoA MP4 patch does work. I was just hoping to do this natively.