Audio Device Reverts to Soundmapper

martin-g1565 wrote on 10/2/2022, 11:03 PM

I’m pulling my hair out. I’m trying to level a 4.5 hr project and unbeknownst to me the Audio Device I select (the ASIO driver for my RME sound card keeps dropping and reverting to MSoundmapper. The levels for the two are completely different so I’ve had to completely redo tons of work when I didn’t realize I was leveling w MSSoundmapper. Anyone know why opening and closing the app is dropping the connection w the ASIO driver and reverting to Soundmapper. Incredibly frustrating.

Comments

rraud wrote on 10/3/2022, 9:55 AM

Disable the other audio devices in Windows sound settings (playback). You also may want to set it to the 'Exclusive' mode in the device's advanced properties (also in the Windows sound settings).

martin-g1565 wrote on 10/3/2022, 10:08 AM

I tried shift prefs before I posted but couldn’t find any audio device prefs there. Anyone one know if it’s under another name?

Also, how does one delete sound card options? I was under the impression MSoundmapper can not be deleted.

Also, does anyone know why the levels of MSoundmapper are so different from the levels of ASIO since MSoundmapper clearly must use the same RME card to power things? The ASIO allows me to hear much more depth/volume of the audio, I just don’t know why. I hate that I have to constantly check that the ASIO is selected.

Thx for any insight