Audio Distortion / Major Issues / Mac Boot Camp

Kyle-Fummey wrote on 5/22/2020, 10:56 AM

Hi there,

Today I decided I would install Windows 10 on my Mac using Boot Camp as I want to achieve the fastest rendering times on Vegas Pro 15 as possible. So far, I've discovered 2 things; This was a great idea as the video preview is unbelievably smooth compared to my PC HOWEVER .. I've just opened a project and imported 2 files directly from a Dropbox folder. One is just a video taken on an iPhone and the other is the .WAV audio of the musicians playing in the video.

Whenever I play the audio, there are times where it will become awfully distorted and even scramble. I have tried going to preferences and disabling the So4 compound reader. This is the only 'fix' I have been able to find on YouTube and it didn't work even after a reset.

Is there anyone else that's tried running Vegas using Boot Camp that could help?

Comments

michael-harrison wrote on 5/30/2020, 11:46 AM

This project plays ok outside of bootcamp?

System 1:

Processor        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BaseBoard Product        ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)        32.0 GB

Adapter Description        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Driver Version        Studio <the latest stable>

Resolution        1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz

Video Memory 6G GDDR5

System 2:

Lenovo Yoga 720

Core i7-7700 2.8Ghz quad core, 8 logical

16G ram

Intel HD 630 gpu

Nvidia GTX 1050 gpu

Kyle-Fummey wrote on 5/30/2020, 12:15 PM

Yeah I should’ve said that - It does indeed. All the audio I drop into a project via bootcamp is distorted randomly.

Kyle-Fummey wrote on 5/30/2020, 3:12 PM

@djrikki2 Very similar. Only differences are that my audio also gives off a mad static noise and it affects anything from a previously rendered MP4 video, iPhone videos and MOV’s taken on my camera. Thanks for that article though, I’ll follow that and hopefully it works!