Audio mp4 glitchy

SimInfinite wrote on 6/11/2016, 1:46 PM
I record my game play with Dxtory then put the video into sony vegas pro 13 timeline. After I have edited everything I render the video and audio. When the video is finished rendering the audio sounds glitchy and roboticy. So I put a song in the timeline with the video and rendered it and the song came out sounding perfect. I don't know why it won't render my commentary. I have an audio technica at2035 and a scarlett 2i2 audio interface. The audio is great before rendering I don't know what's wrong. Can anyone help me? I know people have been having trouble with their mp4 audio

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/12/2016, 10:30 AM
"Glitchy and roboticy" usually indicates too much data compression on the audio file.
What are the audio settings? Specifically the bps setting.
SimInfinite wrote on 6/13/2016, 5:23 PM
I usually do 192,000 and sometimes go down to 128,000. It doesn't make a different after rendering. It still sounds glitchy even when I go all the way down to 16,000 when experimenting. I use 48,000 or 44,100 for the sample rate
rraud wrote on 6/14/2016, 8:53 AM
Does it sound ok when you render a PCM (.wav audio only) file? How about an AAC (.mp4 or .m4a), audio only.
SimInfinite wrote on 6/14/2016, 12:44 PM
I've done that too. It still isn't rendering well. The results come out the same so I know my video isn't affecting the audio in anyway. I'll extract the audio from the original video and put that in the timeline to render and it still comes out glitchy