Audio Recording

Roger Bansemer wrote on 6/17/2024, 12:33 PM

When recording voice overs, It seems like Vegas use to automatically put those audio files into the directory that I was working in. Now all my voice over files default into the documents directory. I know I can change this in preferences but is there a way to have Vegas create these files into the directory that has my video files I'm working on? Thanks

Comments

DMT3 wrote on 6/17/2024, 1:49 PM

You always have to set the file for audio recordings. There is no Default to video directory.

Roger Bansemer wrote on 6/18/2024, 8:50 AM

You always have to set the file for audio recordings. There is no Default to video directory.

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for answering.

rraud wrote on 6/18/2024, 10:18 AM

Try changing the 'Mix to new track path' and/or 'New takes path' and/or 'Imported media path' in the (hidden) 'Internal' menu. The factory default for all the above is 'Documents'.
I am not sure it will change the new audio file save path but it is a quick/easy tweak you could try.

Robert Johnston wrote on 6/18/2024, 12:26 PM

@Roger Bansemer

Does Vegas automatically load the Project Directory for you when you click Browse > OK ?

Initially my recorded files folder defaults to D:\Documents, but when I click the Browse button, the project directory is automatically selected in the tree view. I don't have to do anything else except click the OK button in the tree view to set the recorded files folder to the Project folder path. If you start clicking folders in the tree view, then you will clear the automatic selection, so just click OK. Why the recorded files folder field isn't populated with the project directory to begin with is a mystery, seeing how it's selected in the tree view when you click Browse.

Intel Core i7 10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz (to 4.65GHz), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GBytes. Memory 32 GBytes DDR4. Also Intel UHD Graphics 630. Mainboard: Dell Inc. PCI-Express 3.0 (8.0 GT/s) Comet Lake. Bench CPU Multi Thread: 5500.5 per CPU-Z.

Vegas Pro 21.0 (Build 108) with Mocha Vegas

Windows 11 not pro

Roger Bansemer wrote on 6/19/2024, 1:20 PM

@Roger Bansemer

Does Vegas automatically load the Project Directory for you when you click Browse > OK ?

Initially my recorded files folder defaults to D:\Documents, but when I click the Browse button, the project directory is automatically selected in the tree view. I don't have to do anything else except click the OK button in the tree view to set the recorded files folder to the Project folder path. If you start clicking folders in the tree view, then you will clear the automatic selection, so just click OK. Why the recorded files folder field isn't populated with the project directory to begin with is a mystery, seeing how it's selected in the tree view when you click Browse.

Great tip. Never would have come across that solution. Thanks again.