Back to basics: saving regions from timeline?

vitamin_D wrote on 4/6/2004, 3:01 PM
You know, I can't be the only person who has this happen to them...you fall out of using a workflow for a while and when you return to it you've forgotten the hotkey or shortcut that was previously invaluable for you.

I've got to ask -- how do I save Regions to media files so I can see them in the explorer Region View window once I've marked media from the timeline? I know I can put the media into the trimmer and the region will be selected, but I'd have to re-establish it asa region for saving.

What's the step I'm forgetting to save regions from the timeline?

Thanks,

- jim

Comments

johnmeyer wrote on 4/6/2004, 3:08 PM
You render to a new AVI file and select "save project markers in media file." You then look at this AVI file in the Vegas Explorer, and you will see your named regions. You can then drag each region from this single AVI file into the timeline (or trimmer, I suppose, although I don't use the trimmer).
vitamin_D wrote on 4/6/2004, 3:18 PM
Yeah, I've got "save all markers and regions to media" set by default, but with the trimmer you can do this with no need of a rerender. As it stands I've got about 20 regions along the timeline and I'd like to save them to the media if possible -- without a rerender.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but quite a while ago someone had advice on how to do this without going through the trimmer.

Thanks,

- jim
PeterWright wrote on 4/6/2004, 6:39 PM
I'd be interested to hear more about this. I save regions in the Trimmer, then they're permanently accessible and sortable in Explorer.

One thought - a Region in the Timeline can include several different events, so unless it's rendered out as a new clip, it would be hard to have it as a single item in Explorer.