Comments

craftech wrote on 3/22/2009, 11:14 AM
To delete it just highlight it and delete it whether split sections or the whole track. If you want to move it around separately you have to "ungroup" it from the video. "Ignore Event Grouping"

John
Stringer wrote on 3/22/2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the fast reply ..
Sounds simple enough .
I think "Ignore Event Grouping"
is what I'm looking for ..

' Won't get a chance to experiment till later tonight..
TLF wrote on 3/22/2009, 1:03 PM
I select the clip I want and press U.
Stringer wrote on 3/22/2009, 5:31 PM
Well, duhhh..

I just started browsing through some of the free training videos, and found exactly what you guys are telling me..

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/video/video.asp?file=training/vegas8/05WorkingWithAudio&title=Training+%2D+Vegas+Pro+%2D+Working+with+Audio&VideoPref=vfastwmWorking with Audio[/link]

Looks like there is a real gold mine of information there for rookies like me ..
I hadn't paid much attention to that area before, because I wrongly assumed they couldn't be giving away anything useful for free ..

So, looks like I will be busy for a while, doing what I should have done in the first place..
.... and I won't be needing you guys any more! ( just kidding )

I mostly lurk, and pick up lots of good tips from the regulars here..

Thanks again ...
craftech wrote on 3/22/2009, 8:16 PM
I need to clarify my answer above. I just switched from Vegas 4 to Vegas Pro 8 and it behaves differently. In Vegas 4 if you highlighted only the audio in an event and pressed delete only the audio was deleted. In Vegas Pro 8 both the video and audio are deleted even if you only highlight the audio.

You can correct this by going into Options / Preferences / Editing.
Uncheck "Cut, copy, and delete grouped events".

Then it will behave like Vegas 4 and you can just highlight and delete the audio events without having to ungroup it first.

John