Basic first steps for NB TitlerPro4 in VegasPro13?

earthrisers wrote on 12/31/2015, 6:22 PM
I've just acquired NewBlue Titler Pro4 (fell for their year-end discount offer).
I'm having a devil of a time figuring out how to use it within Vegas. The tutorials I've been able to find show its use in Avid or Premiere... I assume that once I get the basic setup figured out, most of the material in those tutorials will be useful. But... the very basics?----
Do I add Titler as an FX to my primary video track?
Do I insert a new video track above my primary video track, and add Titler as "generated media" to the new track?
Can I see my Titler "work" in the Vegas timeline preview?

I'm trying to understand the basic interrelationship between Titler and Vegas.
I'm hoping these questions will be newbie-obvious to someone here...

Comments

NormanPCN wrote on 12/31/2015, 7:46 PM
I add Titler as generated media on a track above the other material. With TP4 you can also add it as an effect to any other media. Your choice. You should notice that TP shows up in the Vegas generated media panel and also the effects panel.

The Titler Pro UI is the same regardless of what the host application is. Really, just jump in and click things and see what happens. Using the presets and then examining the details of how the variable presets actually accomplished something is instructive. There are style presets, paragraphs presets and project presets. Also check out the documentation.
set wrote on 1/1/2016, 2:07 AM
> Do I add Titler as an FX to my primary video track?
> Do I insert a new video track above my primary video track, and add Titler as "generated media" to the new track?
Both ways can work, although new generated media is more common method, like the way you are using Text, Legacy Text or Protype Tool Text.
Added as an FX, you can turn on the video preview background on Titler Pro's interface.

> Can I see my Titler "work" in the Vegas timeline preview?
Yes, try play back on Vegas' interface while keep the TitlerPro's UI open.

It is recommended on having multiple-monitor as Titler Pro's UI is a bit large.

Not sure if my tutorial can be a basic or intermediate/advance one, but if you want to watch:

Set

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

jetdv wrote on 1/1/2016, 9:32 AM
There are several tutorial videos on the NewBlue YouTube channel and several do apply to Vegas.

Do not add it as an FX to your video track or the title will be over the entire video. You would use it one of two ways:

1. Add it as a Media Generator - the same as you would any other title in Vegas - on a track above the video events.
2. Add it as a VideoFX to a video event and it will be applied to that entire event.

Typically, #1 will be the best option but there are times when it is good for option #2.

To preview on the Vegas preview screen, go into Vegas, go to Options - Preferences, and uncheck the "Close media files when not the active application" option. Then the Vegas preview screen will be updated as Titler Pro 4 is updated.
earthrisers wrote on 1/1/2016, 10:37 AM
Thank you, all, and happy New Year
CJB wrote on 1/1/2016, 11:11 AM
I have had issues with using TP3 as an effect. I will assume that it is the same for TP4. After some discussion with NB technical support I was told that the recommended approach is to us TP as "generated media", not as an effect. There were legitimate recognized artifacts that showed up when used as an effect.
earthrisers wrote on 1/2/2016, 12:08 PM
That's good to know. Thanks.