BCC8 and Vegas 13

Barry W. Hull wrote on 4/18/2014, 10:55 AM
Vegas Pro 13 does not recognize Boris Continuum Complete, BCC8, on my computer. Anyone else having this problem, and anyone know what to do about it?

BCC8 works OK on Vegas 12, but not 13.

I've re-installed BCC8, but no luck.

Thanks,

Comments

kjetil wrote on 4/18/2014, 11:45 AM
I got it to work copying following directories

C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 12.0\OFX Video Plug-Ins\BCC8_3DObjects.ofx.bundle
C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 12.0\OFX Video Plug-Ins\BCC8_OFX.ofx.bundle

to

C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\OFX Video Plug-Ins\BCC8_3DObjects.ofx.bundle
C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\OFX Video Plug-Ins\BCC8_OFX.ofx.bundle

-kjetil
CJB wrote on 4/18/2014, 12:10 PM
That worked for me. Seems SCS needs to copy these from existing installations or at least ask to. Same with previous "preferences". I found it a bit annoying that I had to do the preferences manually. I do understand that there are differences between the versions, but hey.....
NormanPCN wrote on 4/18/2014, 12:20 PM
Boris is not installing their OFX plug-ins correctly. If they did everything would show up automatically in a new Vegas or any OFX capable application.

The proper install location is
Program Files\Common Files\OFX
The OFX plug-ins are not supposed to be installed in the application folder. If this is done then you need to install for Vegas 13. You can copy the folders, and that should work for Vegas but the Boris uninstall will then fail since they thought they installed elsewhere.
Barry W. Hull wrote on 4/18/2014, 1:18 PM
Worked, thank you.