Bezier Mask Shadow or Ghost

cworld29 wrote on 9/29/2004, 12:05 AM
I am using bezier masking to remove a subject from it's background and place it onto another. I have set about 30 keyframes along the 3 second timeline to mask out the movement.

Previewing from the beginning going frame by frame I am getting an odd shadow effect randomly along the timeline. The anchors are set right along the lines of the subject but the outline is repeated with a horizontaly lined ghost along side of it. When I try to reposition the anchors this shadow moves right along with them.

I am using the latest build, preview is set to good/full and I have no feathering set in the anchor properties box.

How can I get rid of this?

Comments

PeterWright wrote on 9/29/2004, 4:36 AM
- may not be this, but is there any shadow set in Track Motion for that track?
Spot|DSE wrote on 9/29/2004, 5:20 AM
Could be you are seeing interlacing artifacts. We see this sometimes on media, and it's a bear to deal with. Precise placement of keyframes is critical, and on one high motion piece we show in a training process, it took 2 keyframes per frame in a couple places to kill the "ghosting."
cworld29 wrote on 9/29/2004, 4:05 PM
Nope. No shadow set. I think it may be the inerlacing issue. I tried a couple things that helped. First of all on a couple of the frames I had one key stacked upon another. This gave the interlacing effect to the whole frame. Moving an anchor would effect both keys crating this double image effect. One interlaced and one not. Deleteing these extras keys removed it.

I reduced the preview window to draft and this also got rid of the ghosting in frames that didn't have double keys. In this mode I can't see the "motion" from one frame to the next. This allowed me to place the anchors more acurately and ended up helping out a great deal.

Why does Vegas place another key sometimes when I go back and adjust an anchor?

Thanks for the replies.
Spot|DSE wrote on 9/29/2004, 4:25 PM
Why does Vegas place another key sometimes when I go back and adjust an anchor?

Because you've got sync to cursor enabled and you aren't adjusting an anchor EXACTLY on an existing keyframe.