Bezier Masking Problems

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 4/20/2019, 3:43 PM

Hello,

I am having a very hard time with this. I have Vegas Pro 16 Build 360. I am a aerial videographer. What I am trying to do is in my aerial video I need to highlight a piece of property and use a color corrector to show that piece of property filled with color. The problem is after it is tracked and you are watching the video, the colored property is moving because we are flying towards it. The tracking will not stay in position. I am using the curve mask within bezier and marking my points of the property with the pen tool and then color correction that area with lets say Red. In tracking I am choosing HIGH Precision, Mode is Size Rotation and Location and I am using 1 as the Keyframe. I have spend at least 12 hours on this yesterday using every diffrent way shape and form. If anyone can help I would be truely grateful. Thank you

Comments

Dimitrios wrote on 4/20/2019, 5:57 PM

Sometimes you just can't track something. For me that's most of the time. Depending on just how much footage you want this effect to be on you may be better off just tracking it manually with the old masking tool. If the house has fairly high contrast compared to its surroundings maybe you can do a leave color effect (sin city) and then maybe change the hue for it to look red?

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 4/20/2019, 7:01 PM

Hello, Thank you for your reply. Usually it is property I want to track. We fly from further away up to the property and I would like to highlight that area in the video. Sometimes it is a subdivision with several lots for sale and I need to highlight those lots in the video as the drone is flying through the sub. I can't believe I cant do this with Sony Vegas Pro 16. I see so many videos like this but they are using Apple products and I am a windows gal. I need a product that work as i do numerous videos a week and my clients are now all wanting this. I am just at a loss for words here...

EricLNZ wrote on 4/20/2019, 7:31 PM

@Kimberly-Durecki Can you post a short clip somewhere so others can download and play with it. I would have thought that with motion tracking it would be easy to achieve what you require.

Former user wrote on 4/20/2019, 10:26 PM

@Kimberly-Durecki The Vegas Belzier Mask is a good feature, but it has many limitations and may not be useful for what you want to do. I also work with Drones images and had to get an external application to be able to deliver the work the way I wanted it to.

The videos you've seen must have been made using Mocha Pro Motion Tracker. It's the best there is. There is the plugin version for Vegas. I made a short video showing how simple it is to do what you want in Vegas using Mocha Pro.

Mocha Pro Tracking is extremely accurate and you can create endless possibilities of use.

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 4/20/2019, 11:01 PM

Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 4/20/2019, 11:05 PM

Question do I need to buy the entire program? The plug in is like $230 is that correct?

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 4/20/2019, 11:20 PM

Also is it the OFX version for Vegas- is this a yearly subscription? Is there one I can purchase directly to own instead of subscription? Thank you!

Former user wrote on 4/20/2019, 11:27 PM

This is the developer's website. https://borisfx.com/store/?collection=mocha-pro&product=mocha-pro

Choose the plugin for OFX, as this is what is compatible with Vegas.

Particularly I find it very expensive. But because I need a lot to work and because it is the best there is in the market I had to make the purchase. Download a trial version first, before making the purchase, to try it and if you are sure, make the purchase. I did this when I bought mine and in the middle of the evaluation period appeared a promotion so I made the purchase.

I took advantage of the Motion Tracker made in the video above and used the Mocha Pro insertion module to insert an animation informing the terrain area. This is only a small sample of what you can do. There are many oters possibilities.

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 4/20/2019, 11:44 PM

Thanks again!

Grazie wrote on 4/21/2019, 2:46 AM

Question do I need to buy the entire program? The plug in is like $230 is that correct?

@Kimberly-Durecki - Where are you seeing that? Are you quoting a price for the MochaPro19 OFX Plugin?

Kimberly-Durecki wrote on 4/21/2019, 8:21 AM

Yes- isnt that what I need?

Grazie wrote on 4/21/2019, 8:27 AM

Yes- isnt that what I need?

@Kimberly-Durecki - Where did you see that price for $230?

Grazie wrote on 4/21/2019, 9:02 AM

@Kimberly-Durecki Nope, not seeing anything close to the +$400 for a single new license for Boris Mocha Pro 2019. If you can fetch-up information for the $230 I’d be mightily impressed.

Grazie wrote on 4/21/2019, 9:44 AM

@Kimberly-Durecki Ah, righto. That’s for a year’s subscription. I kinda steer clear of non-perpetual licenses if I can 😎.